Holiday Travel (Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Travel (Pics)

Well, traveled to Branson for some time with the family, while I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express and become a master Stude builder I did stay at a Chateau on the Lake, which enabled me to be near some Studes at 57 Heaven. (Hotel quite nice if anyones interested.

The weather kept us from getting to photograph the Bald Eagles that migrate to the Ozarks for the winter, which ironically it was the winter weather (snow) that upped our departure time to come home.

57 Heaven and Dick clarks has a 2 studes and 1 packard wagon for those who haven't been there, as well as some oil can and banner memorabilia. Food was poor in my opinion, but you can't beat a day with some cars.

Transtar

Golden Hawk,

1 of the 3 banners for Studes there prominately hung high on a wall all to themselves.

Ol Bess in Packard trim I have a close up of the roof rack, seems these are a bit rare? According to you all.

Some memorablia, Stude oil can to far right, and Stude cleaner and neutralizer, middle left. As well as STP in another case.

If Dick Steinkamp had kept the Ute pink I think this would have been appropriate in the back

Signage idea?

And last but not least this caught my eye. Evinrude motor with Lark script, Not sure if any connection? didn't Brooks design some motors??? anyway, Lark/Stude connection was there for me,

All in all a good time, enjoy

ChopStu
    61 Lark

sigpic

Kevin,
    Great pictures. I would agree on the food.
    As you know this is the location of the Ozark Trails Chapters Orpan Car Show. We have held it at this location for two years now and it gets better each year. Next years Show will be the first Friday and Saturday after Labor Day.
    See you there!

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Gary, are you saying it is worth a trip to Branson for the show? It'd make a nice ride from Pa.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Branson is one of my favorite places in all of the good 'ol USA!!!

While the food in this particular place may not have been the best,
        there are literally hundreds of other places to eat in Branson.

There seems to always be new hotels going up, which translates into
        nice, new, clean places to stay at reasonable rates. Plus, every-
        thing new downtown on the river.

The only bad thing I can think of about Branson is that once you've
        been there it's hard to want to go anywhere else.

Comment

Tip #1 go to breakfast before 8:30 (or earlier) otherwise your waiting for over an hour. On top of the time you spent in traffic.

Learn some of the alternate routes for getting around town on Highway 76. I.E Blue Route and Red Route.
          If you've never been before. Stay on 76hwy and see everything on the 'strip'
          Food was good everywhere else I went, Dick Clarks was the only dissapointment for ME.
          Silver Dollar City was amazing with all the Christmas lights.
          So much has changed since I last went.......10+ years, Roads, hotels, shopping, etc.
          Family attractions: expect to spend 50+ for family of 3 per attraction,

CAR SHOW'S ON THE LIST OF POSSIBLE EXCURSSIONS FOR NEXT SUMMER.

ChopStu
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Don,
            I would say a trip to the Orphan Show would be worth the drive from PA. We had a owner of a street rod Henry J make the drive from NJ each year for several years just to attend the show. Last year we had around 80 orphans at the show with about 56 being Studebakers.
            There were several SDC members stop by this year on there way to Lancaster. Also the 57 Heaven pictured above is worth seeing. Of course Branson is only about 30 miles south of Springfield the site of the 2011 SDC International.
            My commit about the food was for Dick Clarks rest. only. There are hundreds of good places to eat in Branson.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

I bumped one of the posts about the last Branson meet so you could look at some of the pictures. Super place to see Studebakers and other rare cars.
              As far as breakfast, you can't beat the breakfast at the Ramada Inn where the show is held. A fantastic selection all included in the price of the room. Of course, it is better when the room is full of friendly Studebaker folks!

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
              "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X