57 hawk frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 hawk frame

I have a 57 silver hawk that the frame is in bad shape, I my wife loves this car and really wants it restored,it has a auto transmission and she wants to drive it. I need a good frame - cheap as shipping or the pickup costs are really high. Has some one rodded something out? needs to get rid of a frame? I am in the Kansas City, Mo. area. would drive within a day to pick one up. Thanks, Curt Dougherty

Look up Verne Ediger....
    Someone here on the forum should have his number..
    He should be able to help out a fellow Kansan..
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by curt dougherty

I have a 57 silver hawk that the frame is in bad shape, I my wife loves this car and really wants it restored,it has a auto transmission and she wants to drive it. I need a good frame - cheap as shipping or the pickup costs are really high. Has some one rodded something out? needs to get rid of a frame? I am in the Kansas City, Mo. area. would drive within a day to pick one up. Thanks, Curt Dougherty
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I actually met vern at least 12 years ago, he had a yard full on M5 trucks and went there to get parts for my M5 truck. I understand he has gotten rid of all of them. He was very nice and helpful, I am from Missouri , actually Independence, and we don't claim the Kansas side of Kansas City. Thanks for the lead

Curt Dougherty
      Independence, Mo

Comment

My buddy up here in Omaha has a GT Hawk frame he is willing to part with for what he has in it Curt, $85.00 It has a small rust hole in the area where the batwing crossmember bolts on a GT. It would be an easy fix as it is on the flat bottom part of the frame. If interested send me an e-mail through my profile here and I will give you his phone #.The GT frame has the better rear springs etc. than the earlier Hawks and would be nice upgrade.We are about 3 hours from Independence.

Frank van Doorn
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1963 Daytona Conv
        1941 Champion R-2 Rod
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

nice clean and painted no rust no rear end 55 kbody
          713 498 1993 gary

Comment

55 k body frame

Comment

Here's Verns website, with number or email request for parts, he gets back to you within a day, sometimes faster.

And your local SDC club if you don't already know, but from the sounds of it....by you talking to Vern in the past you may already know of Heart of America.

ChopStu
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

how bad is the frame? Pictures? If you have to remove the frame anyway the easy way would be great to have another frame. when i did my 61 hawk the frame was pretty bad i ended up putting a new bottom plate on almost the entire frame. just an option

Erin Hays
                "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
                RZRECTD
                1961 Hawk
                1962 Lark
                1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                X