How about this!
    A 'new' Novi effort!
    Pretty cool if you ask me![]
    Jeff[8D]

(and their other Indy prijects)

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Now that is way cool!!!

Comment

You just never know how much you can't do until you see what other folks are capable of doing. Hope he gets it on the road (track) so YouTube will have a video of the sound and finished product.

Wish I Could, Wish I Could, Wish I Could (Just Dreaming).

Bob []

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

How about this!
        A 'new' Novi effort!
        Jeff[8D]

Too bad Bill Cheeseburg isn't still alive, how great it would be for him to at least do a lap in it.

Comment

Cheesbourg, but he'd be pleased you remembered him.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

Cheesbourg, but he'd be pleased you remembered him.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
            May have misspelled his name ( a habit of mine) but i will never forget him. He was a great guy, and a great racing legend. I enjoyed his stories, and his racing. He was a flat out runner, and a winner. Many a Tucson racer and race fan will remember him as one of the best. I hope when they complete this Novi that they remember him too.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

How about this!
              A 'new' Novi effort!
              Jeff[8D]

Too bad Bill Cheeseburg isn't still alive, how great it would be for him to at least do a lap in it.
              Two of the RWD Kurtis Novis were built.

The car as shown, red #29, was driven by Paul Russo in 1956. Russo started 8th, took the lead on lap 11, and hit the wall when a tire blew on lap 21. The story at the time was that the Novi engine was so powerful that it spun the wheel within the tire and pulled the valve stem, causing the wreck

In 1957, Russo qualified one of the cars, #54, painted red, white and blue, and Tony Bettenhausen qualified the other, #27 same colors.
              Bettenhausen started 22nd and led four laps, finishing 15th. Russo set fast time in qualifying, but on the 2nd day so started 10th, led 22 laps and finished 4th.

1958, Russo qualified one of the cars, #15, blue-gray and red, and Bill Cheesbourg qualified the other, # 54, painted silver and red.
              Cheesbourg started 33rd and finished 10th. Russo started 14th and went out at lap 122 with a leaking radiator.

I was at the 1958 race, and still clearly remember the howl of the Novis. You could hear them all the way around the track.

Neither of those two cars ran at Indy again.

Comment

Working...
              X