Rare Studebaker Japanese Tin Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Studebaker Japanese Tin Toy

The family went to Disney world last week and we visited the Epcot theme park. We made out way over to the Japanese area for dinner and happened to see that they were having a special Japanese Tin Toy display of some of the collection of a noted collector that has 7 museums in Japan. I was checking this out and happened upon this '53 Stude coupe w/ a TV camera on top. I have never seen one of these and wonder if any were sold here?

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Yes, they made them in red and blue. Mine is in Jim Geary's book "Studebaker Toy Treasures".

It is with my other Studebaker models.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leonard, it looks like you have quite a number of 1/18th die-cast cars and trucks. Other than the Coupe express and the Hawk, what's available?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Leonard, it looks like you have quite a number of 1/18th die-cast cars and trucks. Other than the Coupe express and the Hawk, what's available?
        There are the Maisto 53 Starliners in green, red and blue, 50 Starlight coupe, Avanti.

There are lots on eBay.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leonard, you are amazing to us! You always have the answer on stuff like this. Too cool!

John and Tracy Smith
          Queen Creek Arizona

Comment

Leonard it looks like yours is in better shape than that from Japan!

Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            58 C Cab
            57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Now I know why you only have one 1:1 Stude[]
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by lstude
              <snip>
              It is with my other Studebaker models.
              http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

We were there Tuesday and didn't see it[:0] I'll look when we go back tomorrow[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Bams, I just love the "quote" that appears at the end of your posts. Where or who is it from? jimmijim
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Jim, I'm not 100% sure since I'm not home, but I believe it was from a column in Hemmings Collector Car. I believe it was about orphan brands. Maybe BP has the reference? It also might be from one of the numerous articles about Studes I've bought off eBay.

I like to change my quote from time to time, but this one just seems too apropos to change

For the record's sake, if no one knows the source I'll find it next week and post it.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

The short quote is from Hostile Apostle....

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Bams, I just love the "quote" that appears at the end of your posts. Where or who is it from? jimmijim
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Jeff, don't tell me you're a 311 fan??? Maybe my favorite group of all time[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                        X