63 Avanti R2 Air Cleaner Element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Avanti R2 Air Cleaner Element

What are the options available to replace the pair of Fram CA102PL filter elements for the '63 R2 Avanti? A search on the forum didn't result in any info.

Do you mean currently available direct replacements or K&N type stuff? I have a K&N in my 64 R2. I had to remove some material from the inside to get it to fit down on the housing properly but the length was good.

On its way to a 15.097 Spring 2006.

Comment

I usually buy my R-2 air filters at NAPA. Most of the time they have them in stock. I believe they also fit some early 60's Rambler Americans w/ the flathead 6. the NAPA # is 2112.
      see also http://www.studebaker-info.org/parts/NEW/afil.txt

60 Lark convertible
      61 Champ
      62 Daytona convertible
      63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2)
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks Warren. Bige, are you using the K&N E-4600. I see it's listed as an industrial air cleaner for an Ingersol Rand. I assume that is an air compressor. Are the specs the same for automotive use? It's not listed as such.

Comment

We've used K&N filters for muscle car drag racing on the Stude Tomato and the Wrapper. For several years, we used the E-3346, which fits pretty well. The last couple of years we've tried the E-3214, which is a tight fit in the R2/R3 air cleaner "can". Good luck.

George

george krem
          george krem

Comment

Studebaker Wix NAPA Baldwin Hastings Purolator AC Fram

1555053 42112 2112 PA1648 AF2237 A20058 A176C CA102PL

========================
            63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
            Martinez, CA

Comment

I really don't know what number it is[:I], I bought it a couple a years ago at York.

ErnieR

quote:Originally posted by WCP

Thanks Warren. Bige, are you using the K&N E-4600. I see it's listed as an industrial air cleaner for an Ingersol Rand. I assume that is an air compressor. Are the specs the same for automotive use? It's not listed as such.

Comment

there are dimensions for *some* of the air filters (those I've been able to directly measure and/or I had a known good interchange to a manufacturer that listed dimensions on their site) on my web site in the maintenance parts list, if you're looking to try to find a K&N that fits.

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                --
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
                X