Valve Cover Racing Rules Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Cover Racing Rules Announced

I received the following from Alan Meeker, Co-Chair of the 2009 Cedar Rapids International Meet:

Valve Cover Racing

Get your Studebaker Valve Cover Racers out and polished up or build one for the Valve Cover Racing in Cedar Rapids at the 45th International SDC Meet. We will be racing Monday through Wednesday morning with the finals Wednesday afternoon.

Official Rules:
    1. Total weight cannot exceed 10 pounds. We will have the official scales
    2. Must be a Studebaker valve cover.
    3. Total length must not exceed 10% over stock length of original valve cover.
    4. Dimensions may be no larger than 12" high or 12" wide.
    5. No sharp edges or sharp protrusions on the racer.
    6. Must be gravity powered. Absolutely no other power source allowed.

Competition will be open to all registered meet attendees also including categories for children (6-12) , youth (13-21) and a women's division. There will be awards for categories such as individuality and design as well as the race winners.

We're organizing a sanctioning body to be named ISVCRA (International Studebaker Valve Cover Racers' Association). For a nominal fee, $10, entrants will receive an official Competitors License allowing them use of the track for Tune 'n Test days in addition to participation in sanctioned events during the week of the 2009 International Meet.

BShaw
    SDC webmaster
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Cool, I have a 61 ohv cover for the cause if anyone interested. Shipping and its yours,(maybe a little nascar logo in corner for me as a sponsor LOL). I think I'll try some side valve covers.

ChopStu
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Question...
      Is the ISVCRA license a lifetime license?
      Having already passed the physical and receiving my license in 2005, I want to be sure I can still compete in Cedar Rapids.
      Your clarification on the subject is appreciated.
      Thank you.
      Jeff[8D]
      (A Studebaker valve cover racer with a [u]perfect</u> racing record!)

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

I received the following from Alan Meeker, Co-Chair of the 2009 Cedar Rapids International Meet:

Valve Cover Racing

Get your Studebaker Valve Cover Racers out and polished up or build one for the Valve Cover Racing in Cedar Rapids at the 45th International SDC Meet. We will be racing Monday through Wednesday morning with the finals Wednesday afternoon.

Official Rules:
      1. Total weight cannot exceed 10 pounds. We will have the official scales
      2. Must be a Studebaker valve cover.
      3. Total length must not exceed 10% over stock length of original valve cover.
      4. Dimensions may be no larger than 12" high or 12" wide.
      5. No sharp edges or sharp protrusions on the racer.
      6. Must be gravity powered. Absolutely no other power source allowed.

Competition will be open to all registered meet attendees also including categories for children (6-12) , youth (13-21) and a women's division. There will be awards for categories such as individuality and design as well as the race winners.

We're organizing a sanctioning body to be named ISVCRA (International Studebaker Valve Cover Racers' Association). For a nominal fee, $10, entrants will receive an official Competitors License allowing them use of the track for Tune 'n Test days in addition to participation in sanctioned events during the week of the 2009 International Meet.

BShaw
      SDC webmaster

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I wish you luck....
        These two 'high tech wonders' have a 'perfect' record in competition
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

I think I'll try some side valve covers.
        ChopStu

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
        X