1962 Lark Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Lark Doors

I need a set of all 4 doors for a 1962 Lark Regal sedan as mine are rusty and would cost too much to repair. Does anyone have a set of solid rust free doors that I can purchase[?]

They would need to get to Orange County CA for loading into a shipping container, so maybe someone from the west coast or AZ NM may be able to assist[?]

At least give me an idea of price so I can save up.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
    Lockleys South Australia

John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Bob Peterson of C and B Studebakers! The perfect solution for you! He's the one cleaning out the yard in Hayward, CA and probably has just what you need[^]

See this thread for his info. Hurry- he's scrapping stuff every day! Good guy and good prices. Good luck!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

There was also that huge yard full of sheet metal and other stuff IN the LA area that was being liquidated. Anyone know what that stuff's fate was? Allen, Scott, I know you two are in the LA area.

Kinda odd to me, but with 4 or 5 Chapters in the Los Angeles basin, there's only a COUPLE of folks FROM that area that are active on the forums.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I bought some stuff from that south LA yard last year, but I haven't talked to them since then. Do they still have stuff for sale? I assumed they had cleared everything out by now, but like I said, I haven't talked to them in awhile. They had some nice Wagonaire tailgates (among other things).

Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        '60 Lark HT
        '63 Wagonaire
        Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        \'60 Lark HT
        \'63 Wagonaire
        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

That would be the Chuck Collins in South Gate area, (Orange Empire Chapter) not the one in Arizona. His address in the SDC Roster is Monterey Park, I know George and I have the phone number if you want it email me.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

I need a set of all 4 doors for a 1962 Lark Regal sedan...
            Bob Palma found a set of '62 doors a few years ago with power windows.[:0]

Craig

Comment

Rich, even tho I know that Chuck also goes by George, I'm thinkin' maybe folks thought you were speaking of two different people. There's NO finer sort to deal with than George. I hope he's still doin' well. [^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Guys, I have an offer from Allen to deliver doors to LA in Jan, am waiting for his price and that of the shipping company. Mike, let me know what it would cost to ship to LA or even from Washington to Australia. Seem to recall Dick Steinkamp sent a car to Australia.

May be worth getting two sets then I have spares for someone else as 62s seem rare here.

John Clements
                Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
                Lockleys South Australia

John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                X