Last work before spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last work before spring?

Well, I got some work done during last week's warm weather - fall is sliding towards winter here in lower Michigan and temperatures aren't likely to rise above 50 again for awhile. Here is a shot of the last little bit of work I got done...ABS dash pad and vanity cap and the passenger's door panel. I now have three of the four door panels done - all hand built by me.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

That RED is definitely gonna get people's attention!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks good. Did you have any problem with locating the key switch on the right side of the column? Did the wires reach?

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

George - The door panels look killer. Did sew them yourself or fabricate them some other way. I'm interested because I'd like to fabricate the door panels for my 54. thanks

Bob

Comment

Looking good, George. Is that wheel NOS, or did you paint it?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Matt, that was months ago - us old folk can't remember that long! However, I think I extended the wires with others from a spare harness I had.

--george

Comment

Bob, I repaired and painted my original wheel. It's not perfect, but good enough for a driver

Bob, I made the panels out of 1/4" thick foam board that I recycled. I used a full panel as backing and cut out separate pieces of each color and covered them individually in vinyl. Then I glued each piece in place on top of the backing board from the bottom up. I have yet to put the carpeting in place on the bottom of each panel. Here is a side shot of the passenger side. The red triangle is to echo the Daytona spear on the exterior (that I painted red).

Thanks for all of the comments!

--george

--george

Comment

George - Thanks for the info. I was thinking of something like that to get around sewing, which I have no resources to attempt. Just could not visualize how to make it happen.

You have clarified the procedure in my mind. I plan to mimick the 54 side cove as you did the side spear.

The panels looks even better en-toto. That's a nice lookin Daytona. Thanks again.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                X