Future of studebaker Dealerships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of studebaker Dealerships?

I wonder if the corp required deakerships to take several 8X10 pictures? We had a few ,and then Ma saw me with those pictures, and the majority were thrown out. But there was one were the showroom was a surrealistic rendering (kinda Black & White line ) furustic Sorta film noir " With the dealership expanded . Or updated . The Jetsons!

Had a 50 packard once.

My friend, who was the son of the original Studebaker-Packard dealership owner in my hometown, has an 8 by 10 photo of their building in '47, which is the same one I received in the mail from Richard Quinn some time ago. I believe a Company photographer probably took photos of the dealership for taking back to South Bend for various purposes.

I know exactly what you mean about the black and white surreal "film noir" photo/drawing. When I was in the Studebaker National Museum archives some ten years ago, I stumbled upon a photo (really, a black-ink artist's rendering) of my hometown dealership. It looked quite a bit like the actual building, but more glassy and modern. Don't know if South Bend gave the dealers ideas about how to best make a building fit their size lot, or whatever, but there are "photos" like that in the Museum archives.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment