X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Delete...

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

That is so cool !
    Don't wait too long getting it up there next season for that picture.
    I have a '64 that I am the 3rd owner of and I do have the original bill of sale for it but I know the man has since died , his wife is still alive but wouldn't want to contact her just in case it may bother her.

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

NEAT-O!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi, Dave:

A suggestion: You might want to cover up her last name and address in that letter. You can do that by clicking on the little pencil icon and it will allow you to post a new, slightly altered, letter.

If she was my grandmother, I probably wouldn't want her full name and address anywhere on the internet, advertising her probable age and living arrangement. 'Just a courtesy to what appears to be an elderly lady living alone. It's a cool letter and worth displaying, but not in its entirety.

No offense intended, of course. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That is very nice. I suggest following Bob P's. suggestion on modifying the letter. Get the picture as soon as possible.

I have known the original owner on several of my cars. After I restored one 1953 Commander Starliner, I took it back to get a picture of the lady with the car. She said that it looked better than the day she picked it up new. I can believe that because it had a lacquer paint job and show quality chrome.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes,I spoke to the original owner of our '63 Avanti. It was a high school graduation present from her parents. We are the third owners.

Richard

Comment

Since the original owner of my Cruiser was my uncle, I have indeed, spoken with him in detail about the car. I am lucky enough to have gotten several really nice items relating to the car from him.

No matter who the previous owners have been, having an older car is only nicer when you can get some of the personal history behind it.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 50Champ

In August I bought a 1950 Champion from the estate of the second owner (David Neitzel of Mooresville, IN). He had bought the car in 1991 from the original female owner, and she had included the original purchase order with the car. Just for a few laughs I ran the woman's name through Whitepages.com and there was a listing for her in Indianapolis, which is where the car was originally purchased. I called the number but it was disconnected, so I wrote her a letter about a month ago. I told her I had just bought a 1950 Studebaker and asked if she was the original owner. I also asked her if she still had any pictures of it or any other items relating to it. Today I finally heard back from her and she is indeed the original owner of the car! Her letter is attached below. I'm going to write back and ask her if I can drive it up there next summer and take a picture of her standing next to it. I don't know how old she is now but if she bought it when she was 25 she would be 83 now. Has anyone else ever tracked down an original owner of one of their cars?

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan
                Ummmm.....I don't see any letter.[?]

Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Apparently deleted; the initial post has now gone too (albeit surviving further down the thread in quote form). Really cool though that the new owner of this Stude succeeded in contacting not only a prior owner, but the original owner. I'd love to do that with my Lark. Next year I hope to take Betty to the town (Campbellford, Ont.) where she was sold new, and see if I can get any "hey, my aunt had one just like that in 1962!" comments...

S.

Comment

Working...
                  X