This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed opportunity

He should have taken the $3900 when it was offered.

JDP
    Arnold Md.
    Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Lark 2 dr.
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Hawk
    52 Starlight
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    JDP Maryland

That tactic is almost as old as the "if it doesn't sell it's going to the crusher" tactic...

In the Lincoln/Cadillac world it's "if I don't get what I'm asking I'll let the demo derby guys have it".....

In the right circumstances, either of these can- and do- work on me...[:I][)]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

That tactic is almost as old as the "if it doesn't sell it's going to the crusher" tactic...

In the Lincoln/Cadillac world it's "if I don't get what I'm asking I'll let the demo derby guys have it".....

In the right circumstances, either of these can- and do- work on me...[:I][)]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

yeah, I've got a '63 Daytona hardtop that a guy offered me $8K for back when I didn't have a mind to sell it. Where is he now when I want only $3500 for it and it's painted with an all new interior ready to be installed???[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

yeah, I've got a '63 Daytona hardtop that a guy offered me $8K for back when I didn't have a mind to sell it. Where is he now when I want only $3500 for it and it's painted with an all new interior ready to be installed???[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I bought a 62 Lark Daytona convertible (289 4 speed) one time because the guy said that if he didn't sell it, he was going to put a big block Chevy in it. I wanted the car, anyway, but I didn't want to take a chance that he was telling the truth.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I bought a 62 Lark Daytona convertible (289 4 speed) one time because the guy said that if he didn't sell it, he was going to put a big block Chevy in it. I wanted the car, anyway, but I didn't want to take a chance that he was telling the truth.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Since you guys fall for that old "if you don't buy it..." trick, I should send my brother-in-law your way and tell you that if you don't take him in, I'm going to shoot him!

Comment

Since you guys fall for that old "if you don't buy it..." trick, I should send my brother-in-law your way and tell you that if you don't take him in, I'm going to shoot him!

Comment

That tactic about going to the crusher worked on me. We stopped at an old salvage yard in the Missouri hills. They had a crusher working. There was a 56 commander sedanet setting in line to be crushed. I went and talked to them about the car. He said $250 and it had to be gone by friday. We went and got it the next day. My wife and I loaded it with 4 flat tires. I hope I never have to do it again.

Comment

That tactic about going to the crusher worked on me. We stopped at an old salvage yard in the Missouri hills. They had a crusher working. There was a 56 commander sedanet setting in line to be crushed. I went and talked to them about the car. He said $250 and it had to be gone by friday. We went and got it the next day. My wife and I loaded it with 4 flat tires. I hope I never have to do it again.

Comment

Hell John, send the BIL out this way. If I don't like him either, I'll shoot his sorry butt for you![}]

I wrote a piece for our newsletter a number of years back. There was a yard not 5 miles from me that had a 52 Land Cruiser, an M15 and a Champ. I wanted to save the Champ and I wanted to take a bunch of stuff off the loaded Land Cruiser. Guy agreed to hold them back for me since they were clearing the yard but it was also a really nasty quagmire since we'd been having heavy rains. Of course, the mud didn't stop the crusher or the front end loaders that fed the crusher.
                        I watied about a week and went back with my tools and some big boots. ALL the Studes had been fed to the crusher! Man, I was PISSED. So was the yard owner - or at least he played like he was. He apologized and claimed that he'd given the guys in the yard specific instructions not to crush the Studebakers![8][xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Hell John, send the BIL out this way. If I don't like him either, I'll shoot his sorry butt for you![}]

I wrote a piece for our newsletter a number of years back. There was a yard not 5 miles from me that had a 52 Land Cruiser, an M15 and a Champ. I wanted to save the Champ and I wanted to take a bunch of stuff off the loaded Land Cruiser. Guy agreed to hold them back for me since they were clearing the yard but it was also a really nasty quagmire since we'd been having heavy rains. Of course, the mud didn't stop the crusher or the front end loaders that fed the crusher.
                          I watied about a week and went back with my tools and some big boots. ALL the Studes had been fed to the crusher! Man, I was PISSED. So was the yard owner - or at least he played like he was. He apologized and claimed that he'd given the guys in the yard specific instructions not to crush the Studebakers![8][xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Same thing happened to my buddy Gary. He's been hounded for years to clean up his mess of about 200 old cars and trucks,about 50 of them Studebakers. The crusher man came and was told not to crush any of the Studes.
                            He slipped up on one though,probaly didn't know it was a Stude cause it was a 66. But that one had a whole trunk full of good Studebaker wheelcovers off the rest of the cars.
                            Many of the cars crushed were Mercedes,SAAB,and other "oddballs" that Gary had collected over the years.

Comment

Same thing happened to my buddy Gary. He's been hounded for years to clean up his mess of about 200 old cars and trucks,about 50 of them Studebakers. The crusher man came and was told not to crush any of the Studes.
                              He slipped up on one though,probaly didn't know it was a Stude cause it was a 66. But that one had a whole trunk full of good Studebaker wheelcovers off the rest of the cars.
                              Many of the cars crushed were Mercedes,SAAB,and other "oddballs" that Gary had collected over the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X