Junk yard tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk yard tour

This month I have been on a juk yard tour. I have found many Studebakers waisting away in fields and yards all over the state. I saw this one in VA> on wedsday and thought it would make a good project for the winter. It is a radio delete car with a 6 cly in it.I visited a couple of yards and I finished my tour at the reedsville show. I was able to complete my belt line set for my hawk so the trip was great. It just goes to show the cars are still out there.
    Not bad for 900.00 dollars.

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Neat project! Those '62 4 doors got a soft spot in my heart, I have been growing up with one since age 4, even remember it coming home.

Dylan
    '61 lark regal 4dr wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Wow! that '54 Land Cruiser has many good parts, an original Studebaker mirror, fog lights, and most of all real early '53 Tri-Star Wheelcovers in good shape! []

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Did you notice there is a 65 (give or take) Stude in the background of the 54 Stude on the tree?

Jeff

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark289

Did you notice there is a 65 (give or take) Stude in the background of the 54 Stude on the tree?

Jeff

Good eye. It looks like a 1965 Daytona Sport Sedan.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hi

Good Heavens! A '41 Skyway Sedan-Coupe! Which series it is? President? Commander?

Hard to believe such a rare and desirable car still languishes in a junkyard in 2008!

The car still looks restorable, hope someone will get it and do so.

Were it here in Western New York, it would be rusted and weathered beyond hope.

Steve

Comment

I love junkyard tours. Glad you found them and shared the pictures. I have a feeling that tree may not give up that 54 Landcruiser easily. They both may have become one.

Comment

Working...
              X