Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody buy this for me!!

Look at this Lark for a grand[]

I have my doubts that somebody could hand over a G-note and take the car away... sounds like the seller is trying to set up an on-site auction[|)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Did'ja call?
    I have been finding that Craigslist ad's are way out of date...
    Better than 75% of the stuff I call on is long gone...
    Snoozin' and losin'....
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Nah... if I was I would have called the minute I saw the ad JP taught me "You snooze- you lose"

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I think this guy is baiting the buyers. He says in the ad that he is going to show the car on Nov 16 and wants to have it sold by the 23rd. Read the ad carefully. He's going to try to create an auction atmosphere to run up the bidding. I don't believe he has any intention of selling that car for $1000. Just my opinion.

sals54
        sals54

Comment

Yep- just what I said in my original post.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

It appears to be a Hawaiian Green Regal '59 Lark VI (could be an VIII) 4Dr. Sedan with a Manual or Overdrive and 6 Cyl. engine, from what can be seen in the poor cellphone pics. He could get bids of $2500.00 to $3000.00 for his $1000.00 car, and I am sure that is the plan!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Pretty sneaky. I wouldn't deal with someone like that just on general principles.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X