Lets see some Studes in Fall Colors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see some Studes in Fall Colors!

We were working near my house and I had to get some stuff out of my garage, so I had to take the Stude out in the rain, so I drove it out in the yard. I though I would shoot some photos.

I know Jeff has put some photos of his beautiful 53 Starliner, but does anyone have photos of their Studebaker with the fall colors?

Leonard Shepherd

Leonard that is some incredible color in your pictures. I want to take some fall pictures but in SW MO the leaves have turned from green to dead. No color. I have been working in CT, RI and MA the last few weeks and the colors have been great. To bad I don't have my Studebaker with me.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

LEONARD, this is your chance to get that unpainted car on a cover!
      I certainly hope you have that first picture taken in a high resolution setting.
      Very good shot! Even with that fender.
      By the way, what do you have against green paint?

Let me know if that photo is coming our way.

Art

Comment

quote:Originally posted by monomaniac

I've often wondered that, Art. Even a rattle-can job of a green somewhat close would be an improvement

That's sweet old car already; a little closer color match on that fender would rock!

Maybe it's a personalization issue; like Michael Jackson wearing only one glove

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:LEONARD, this is your chance to get that unpainted car on a cover!
          I certainly hope you have that first picture taken in a high resolution setting.
          Very good shot! Even with that fender.

Let me know if that photo is coming our way.

Art
          I Love Green!

but I don't have the money to paint the car and a rattle can fender would look worse than the primer IMHO.

My original photo is 3648 x 2736 pixels. I will email it to you. Thanks.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I'm in central FLA,it's always green.

Orlando FLA
            Orlando FLA

Comment

[)]Leonard, that's a BEAUTIFUL picture! Couldn't you just photoshop that right front fender for the sake of a TW cover shot? I know you're good with Photo Shop, and it would be a darned sight cheaper than a paint job.[)]

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
              http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Looks great to me the way it is Leonard. What a cool car. Good to see Studes out in the rain without the fear of them melting. []

Gordon

Comment

Here is a couple weeks ago. I'll be getting more in the next few days as we are just getting to peak color here.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152_______________Rabid Snail Racing
                  Jim
                  Often in error, never in doubt
                  http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Pardon the Beetle Kill!

Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Comment

We've already seen mine, but that first picture really has brilliant colors, Leonard. I've seen some of those around here, but never on a weekend when I can utilize them with a blue sky. The fender makes it for me. In time it will be done. Nice work. [^]

Comment

It's hard to find fall colors around this area. Fall is "short" and the types of folliage tend not to have the brilliant reds.

I took this photo a couple years ago in a area about 25 miles from my house called the "sandhills". Its actually ancient shoreline and dunes from the glacial lake Agassiz.

The section of country road is SW of Kindred, ND. More about lake Agassiz:

I "tweaked" this photo to make the colors more prominant. The original looks a little drab and the orange/yellows are not so bright.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Here's my 1961 Champ P/U taken at Ringing Rocks State Park in Bucks County PA while on tour with the Lehigh Valley Rrgion AACA. Fall colors abound in this picture.

[img][/img]
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Ohhh that 53...I gotta get me one of those someday...

FWIW, I've bumped up my earlier thread about my Lark because it contains two nice fall-colour shots.

S.

Comment

This thread got me inspired to get out and do something today. I took way too many shots to upload and share here, but I'll post a couple and try to add a link to the photobucket folder. I have a ton more that aren't uploaded.

Thanks for the kick in the butt. I had a great day!

For more http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/Fall%20Pics/

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152_______________Rabid Snail Racing
                              Jim
                              Often in error, never in doubt
                              http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X