PRESIDENTIAL EDITION LARK ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRESIDENTIAL EDITION LARK ?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ANYTHING AS SUCH CALLED A PRESIDENTIAL EDITION IN THE LARK MODEL IN THE EARLY 60s AND WOULD ALSO HAVE A RED WHITE AND BLUE DASH??? THIS IS NEW TO ME AND LADY IN KANSAS SAYS HER LATE FATHER HAS ONE OR SHE HAS IT NOW I COULDNT GET TO SEE IT BECAUSE IT WOULD TWO DAYS TO DIG IT OUT

Welcome to the forum!

This is news to me. I know the 100,000th Lark had gold script, but I've never heard of a Presidental Lark.

Studebaker did make Presidents, and the story is that a Lark is just a 58 Model cut off at both ends. So maybe she is mixing the two together, but again I've never heard of a red, white, and blue dash either.

Nick

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Commanderpink

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ANYTHING AS SUCH CALLED A PRESIDENTIAL EDITION IN THE LARK MODEL IN THE EARLY 60s AND WOULD ALSO HAVE A RED WHITE AND BLUE DASH??? THIS IS NEW TO ME AND LADY IN KANSAS SAYS HER LATE FATHER HAS ONE OR SHE HAS IT NOW I COULDNT GET TO SEE IT BECAUSE IT WOULD TWO DAYS TO DIG IT OUT
      The only "Lark" I've heard about that was built for a President was this one, in Isreal.

Craig

Comment

I ASKED IF IT WASNT THE PRESIDENT MODEL BUT SHE INSISTED ITT WAS A LARK OF 1960 0R 61 BUT DIDNT PRESS THE ISSUE WILL LIKELY FIND OUT IN THE SPRING OF 09 SHE SAYS WILL BE PULLING OUT OF GARAGE

Comment

This reported car sounds like a case of a customized car and/or a poor memory.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Probably a Lark with a "President" nameplate added! [:0]

Maybe a '62 or '63 Cruiser with the "Cruiser" replaced by a "President" nameplate!

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

As Craig reported, the Israeli car is the only one we know of associated with a president, alas all that is left of it are the plans, it was scrapped years ago.

John Clements
              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
              Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
              Lockleys South Australia
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I AGREE FROM THE BEGINING THAT ITS A FIGMENT OF HER IMAGINATION PLUS SHE HASNT SEEN IT IN YEARS BEINGS ITS BURIED DEEP IN A GARAGE I CANT REMEMBER THINGS FROM YESTERDAY EVEN BUT THIS THREW ME AND I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD THOUGHT

Comment

The above may be the only one officially associated with a president, but there was that video with John and Jackie Kennedy and the Wagonaire in the background. Notice that I am not saying that this was, in any way, a presidential model.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
                  1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Working...
                  X