What is Studebakers current name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Studebakers current name?

I read somewhere on the forum several months ago that Studebaker is still in business in one form or another. No not in Canada or Russia, and not even in car production, but the company supposedly still exists, is called something completely different and produces something not auto related? What is their name, and what do they produce?

Check it out.

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Yep:

"If you're thinking, "Hey, wasn't Studebaker a car they used to make?", you're right.

We were originally part of a multi-billion-dollar industrial company that used to manufacture the Studebaker car.

Today, Studebaker-Worthington Leasing is a division on Main Street Bank - Kingwood Texas, a national leader in providing equipment financing throughout the country.'

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Actually, what's left of the car company part of the business (The corpoate ghost, so to speak) resides in a conglomerate organization called the Cooper Group. Among the different things they make are tools.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey Bob, (Mr. Biggs) is it my imagination, or is your list of cars getting shorter?
          Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Glad the real name and business still lives on, but technically the Studebaker car & truck sales, parts and merchandising business seems to me to still be thriving quite well and still feeding some families through the SDC. [^] We just don't get a factory check. My Studebaker business is in the red, because I only spend the wealth.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Glad the real name and business still lives on, but technically the Studebaker car & truck sales, parts and merchandising business seems to me to still be thriving quite well and still feeding some families through the SDC. [^] We just don't get a factory check. My Studebaker business is in the red, because I only spend the wealth.

It's not spending, Dave, it's called sharing the wealth.

Besides, if your business made money you'd have to repaint your car. The colour is appropriate to the current situation with such a lovely shade of Arrest Me red.[8D]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Uh Oh, they are a leasing company and their logo says, Main Street Banking. Are we going to need to bail them out?

Very interesting that they use the Studebaker name in their URL and as their domain name.

Comment

A point to note is that Studebaker-Worthington Leasing Company has "NO" connection with Studebaker Corporation of Automobile fame.

After the company closed down South Bend and merged with Worthington Industries the company was an entirely "New" corporate entity. However it still has the Studebaker name which is something I guess.

John Clements
                  Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                  Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
                  Lockleys South Australia
                  John Clements
                  Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

However it still has the Studebaker name which is something I guess.
                    Whisch is very suprising that they would hold on to the name Studebaker considering the connotation the name brings in discussions.

Even using Studebaker.com is surprising as most in looking for a leasing corpoartion would not think of using the name.

Comment

Working...
                    X