Lancaster 2008 - Looking Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancaster 2008 - Looking Back

It has been al,ost six weeks now since the 44th Annual International meet ended. As we, the Keystone Chapter closes out this chapter in our club's scrap book, we'd like to add some of the memories and pictures, if you want to share them, from the folks who were there. If you'd like to participate and add comments to our book, please just post them here amd I'll collect them all and see that they are included.

On behalf of Keystone, we'd like to THANK all who attended and also THANK all of the countless Volunteers who made it happen.

Also Thanks in advance for your comments, thoughts and pictures.

See you in the future as I write about our past
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

This photo needs little explanation ...
    We had an excellent time , especially fridays poker run .....job well done....thanks

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

John,
      Lancaster was my 15th SDC International Meet since Colorado Springs in 1973 and I enjoyed it so much that I would rank it in my top three of those attended Meets. Great weather, location & friendliness along with the smooth running are reasons why Lancaster memories will remain clearly in my mind. A big thanks to all the organising Committee.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
      MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

John,
        As I have said before the Lancaster Meet was fantastic. My wife and I really had a good time. The Keystone folks were very helpful and always with a smile on their faces. The tours we went on were wonderful. Well planned and carried out. Thanks for everything.

Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Lancaster was one of the best Studebaker meets that I have attended. The weather cooperated and since I now know Studebaker people on the forum, I thoroughly enjoyed my self. Here are some pictures of our local club members that are enjoying themselves at Lancaster.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks to those who have responded and looking for others if you'd like to add to our last scrapbook chapter.

Comment

It would be nice tosee some names to go along with the photos of people for those of us who are not familiar with the faces but have heard their forum names or nicknames.I only had about 2 hours Wed afternoon at Lancaster to see the cars and only got to meet Ted Harbit.

NEIL G. CENTRAL PA
              NEIL G.

Comment

The Lancaster meet was one of the best Internationals we've ever attended. Everything seemed to run smoothly and one time.
                I particularly enjoyed the Welcome Night. Thank you for providing, at not cost to us, the food for the night. I've not seen that at any Internationals I've attended.
                The weather was perfect and the people great.
                Thank you to all the Keystone Chapter members who did such a terrific job. It's not easy putting on an event such as this.
                Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Her's a couple more shots from the poker run on friday, one taken at the Mulnar family home , and the other a '58 Commander entering a covered bridge along the route .

1960 Champ
                  1964 Daytona HT
                  sigpic

Comment

Bob, thanks for the pictures which will be added to Keystone's Picture file for the meet. Great to see them and the first one you posted really brings back memories as it is probably one of the last pictures taken of Mrs. Studebaker (Margie) as two weeks later she suddenly passed away. Her dream was always to attend an International Meet and that dream was fulfilled by her and her husband Denny.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that ....just goes to show us that you better do it now because who knows what tomorrow will bring.

1960 Champ
                      1964 Daytona HT
                      sigpic

Comment

One thing is for sure she touched many lives and will always be remembered by those. The auto repair shop they ran in Perkasie, PA was the center of the community from a gathering stand point and most problems of the day were always solved there. A really great lady but as you have you have pointed out, we need to be prepared as we do not know what tomorrow will bring.

Comment

Working...
                        X