Lark on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark on TV

I spotted this Lark on Shotime's Dexter Season 3 Episode 5 (shown last Sunday). It took me some time to find it online and the quality is poor - I probably should have taken photos of the TV for better results.[] Dexter also shows on CBS, but with a couple of month's delay and all of the bad words cut out (so this episode will show up on free tv sometime in the future).

I am pretty sure it is a 1960 2-door. On TV is was clear that the taillight lenses had no chrome (therefore not 1961) and in the last screen capture below, it looks like only one door handle.

By the way, the story takes place in Miami, but who knows where this car filmed. According to sources on the 'net, it is filmed both in California and Florida.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Can't always go by the tail lights, as observed by the other posts on converting from the 61 lens to the 60, but that deck lid is a 59 or 60 for sure. Can't really tell much detail from those pics, but looks like enough shiny stainless on the rear window area to maybe be a hardtop. The leaves are blocking the view of either a post or stainless hardtop windows. The plate could be a white California plate, but Florida has a ton of different plate colors. If I saw a shot of the neighborhood on the show, I could tell if it was shot in L.A., they usually shoot in Pasadena away from airplane noise in quiet locations. Cool, good eye. Lots of the 59-60's showing up on TV lately.

Comment

Looks to me to be two diffrent cars.

Lark in first, stainless that follows the deck lid where it closes.
      Second and third photo that stainless isn't there. and diff shaped tail lenses, roof line.

Without adding a movie thread, Did anyone notice the maroon bullet nose in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? We just rented that and saw it in the background for quite sometime as well as 'behind the scenes footage.

ChopStu
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Nah... by watching the show, it is clear that it is the same car. And the image was much clearer on tv.

--george

Comment

Yeah Just watched Indiana Jones was really neat to see it in the Background. It was a Starlight coupe to boot.

Mabel 1949 Champion
          1957 Silverhawk
          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          1955 President State
          1957 Golden Hawk
          Fresno,Ca
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

Looks to me to be two diffrent cars.

Lark in first, stainless that follows the deck lid where it closes.
            Second and third photo that stainless isn't there. and diff shaped tail lenses, roof line.

The sun just progressed in the sky while they were shooting, changing the reflections. Must have taken awhile. I haven't seen the show..is it a hardtop, or a two door sedan?

Comment

Working...
            X