1/43 scale 50 starlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/43 scale 50 starlight

I just bought off eBay a 1/43 scale 1950 Champion Starlight coupe model. I cost me a whole whopping 99 cents (plus $3.50 shipping). It was made by Road signatures and I was pleasently suprised by the detail. They did an incredible job recreating the coupe in such a small scale. To give you a clue at how detailed it is: each fender has the Champion script. Not only does it have the hood ornament but it has the hood emblem painted in black white and red. It has the correct side rear view mirror, correct hubcaps without lettering, stainless rocker panel covers. I took it apart to look at the interior. It has the back seat armrest compartments, has the correct dash to include correct placement of gages, correct chrome pieces (although not chrome) to include the glovebox door emblem. It even has the correct clutch, brake and gas pedals. Very cool model for 99 cents. The only thing I saw right away that was wrong is that the gravel guards were the 47-49 type with the ribs.

Sounds neat! Can you post detail pix?

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Figures, those stainless gravel guards are almost non-existent even in 1/43 scale. Course, if I bought 43 of those cars (for about $42.57) then I could make a set of my own.

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
      '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Working...
      X