champ carb problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• champ carb problems

so today i tried putting the timing light on the champ and it wouldn't start the needle was stuck so i had to take it apart again well now the fuel is over flowing and this carb is driving me nuts. does anyone have a carb for a 62 champ they would be willing to get rid of? my grandpa has a couple off of the 53 flat head six but i am not sure if they will fit. i would like to find one i know will fit even if it needs a kit. this holley is junk in my opinion so i would like to just replace it.

Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR
    62 Champ
    57 Silver Hawk
    Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Kevin,
    Although the earlier carb might fit on the manifold you would have linkage issues. While looking at the pictures of your engine I realized that the overhead valve engine linkage comes from the firewall instead of crossing over the top of the engine like a flathead. That is not to say that it couldn't be made to fit, but it is something to consider. Joe and I came up empty on a later carb around here.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I happen to have a '62 Champ six carb here, though I don't know if it's any better than yours. Your welcome to it for the cost of mailing it to you.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Studeclunker could you call me or email me so I could get your contact info,I would be happy to pay for the shipping thanks kevin

Kevin Phillips
        Jacksonville,AR
        62 Champ
        57 Silver Hawk
        Kevin Phillips
        Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

Working...
        X