1957 Packard Station Wagon Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Packard Station Wagon Emblem

This is an extremely tough to find, rare part. This should be very interesting to follow!

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
    58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
    58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
    62 Daytona (White)
    63 R2 Lark (Super Red)
    57 Packard Wagon parts car
    57 Packard sedan parts car
    58 Packard 2 dr hdtp parts car

Now, if only I had a Packard wagon to put it on...
    [:0] [B)] [xx(] [V]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
    San Diego, Ca. (for now...)
    San Diego County SDC

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
    '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I like old 57 Packards. I like them a lot, but 58's even more. Not to be cynical(noooooo...), but prolly, in line with the current trend, someone will buy it, and display it as a decoration along with their other car memorablia in a home walkout basement garage mini-museum. Maybe not. But, lets just see what happens. I predict a selling price of $572.50.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBody

I like old 57 Packards. I like them a lot, but 58's even more. Not to be cynical(noooooo...), but prolly, in line with the current trend, someone will buy it, and display it as a decoration along with their other car memorablia in a home walkout basement garage mini-museum. Maybe not. But, lets just see what happens. I predict a selling price of $572.50.
        I would buy it at that price! Joe, are you listening? Seriously, I hope I get it for my '57 wagon, but it better not end up on a shelf somewhere! It has to be on a wagon, even if it isn't on mine.

Chip
        '63 Cruiser daily driver
        '57 Packard wagon almost on the road!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Didn't the last one go for around $600 or so ?

JDP/Maryland
          "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
          Thomas Jefferson
          JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm guessing $526.00

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This is the third one in the past 6 months. I am wondering if itis one guy who has all of the remainng stock and is slowly selling them.

Problem with them is that UV light kills them. The colors fade fast, especially the red.

Comment

Maybe the $200 repro's have been released ?

JDP/Maryland
                "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                Thomas Jefferson
                JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Maybe the $200 repro's have been released ?

JDP/Maryland
                  Thomas Jefferson
                  They only carry the '58 emblem, not the '57. They will make one for you IF you want to wait two years for it.

Chip
                  '63 Cruiser daily driver
                  '57 Packard wagon almost on the road!
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Chip I too hope you end up with it or someone else who is going to put it on a car. My desire is to have it shown proudly on a car. That is an area though that I have no control over. This is the only 57 that I have and the only nos one that I have seen or found. I have a few 58 emblems, but they are for my cars. I currently have two 58 Packard wagons and hopefully by year end I will have two more. I am currently working on two deals which involve me trading some parts and cars. The 57 Packard wagon that I have will be involved in one of my trades, so the emblem that I had reserved for it, I am selling on ebay.

The last 58 emblem that I sold was last December and it went for $1105.00 on ebay. It went on a car that received a full ground up restoration and it looks absolutely perfect.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
                    58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
                    58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
                    62 Daytona (White)
                    63 R2 Lark (Super Red)
                    57 Packard Wagon parts car
                    57 Packard sedan parts car
                    58 Packard 2 dr hdtp parts car

Comment

What I've done with some horn buttons in my collection - buttons that had some surface scratches or blushes - is to polish them with extra fine steel wool and then spray them with a coat of Krylon acrylic artist's clear. I spray quick and JUST enough to give it a wet look. Don't want drippy wet. It'll show an "orange peel" look while it's wet, but it dries smooth.
                      Done right, you can not tell that it's been "painted" AND the stuff has a UV-blocker that would help to prevent fading. I've even coated NOS examples, just as a fade preventive. Some hardware stores carry this product, but good art supply stores will for sure. Can make shelf-worn plastic lenses look fresh again too.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Prolly everyone has seen the show on PBS called "Antiques Roadshow", where typically, some Lady will bring up some trinket she bought at a yard sale or found in her late Aunt Wilma's attic, and the expert will stun everyone by appraising the artifact at some insane amount. A bud vase for $10,000 or something like that. Anyway, the show is therapeutic---Now, I don't feel so bad paying a few bucks for a nice NOS Studebaker part....

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBody

Prolly everyone has seen the show on PBS called "Antiques Roadshow",
                          The ARS is a curse word here, it cost us thousands of dollars to moe my mother in here with her "priceless antiques" all based on the ARS. She was so sure that she had a fortune that we had a woman come up from Southby (spelling) and at $300 an hour go thru these priceless antiques. When all was said an done, we got $7000.00 for all the crap. She tought she had over a half a million in antiques. She still sits in front of the stupid TV every night watching the ARS and saying to us..I have one just like that..........you will be very wealthy when I am gone.

I would give anything for somebody to turn to the expert who just stated that aunt Bertha's vase is worth $18,000 and say ... good buy it from me NOW.

Don't use the ARS as an excuse to buy something, enjoy it, and don't rationalize. Once your gone your family will wind up with 20 cents on the dollar, and you had fun.

Comment

The price on this part will heat up this weekend. Bidding ends Sunday.

Comment

Wow, just $157.51 as of Sat. AM[:0] I expect there are a LOT of watchers- and snipers- that have yet to show their hand...

Or, is it just a sign of the times???

I'll be watching with much interest.......

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                              X