PDA

View Full Version : The Studebaker Express- FREE hauling!

bams50
10-26-2008, 12:58 PM
I wrote this last week:

Get FREE shipping from Reedsville to anywhere from NY to FL!

Frequently we need something, but the shipping is either hard to arrange, or too expensive. I'll bring you that item at no charge. Here's what I'm thinking:

Buy that item from someone who's going to Reedsville. I'll pick it up there and bring it home. We're going to Disney World the week before Thanksgiving. This trip it's just 4 of us in a full-size conversion van, so there will be a decent space in the back. I'll bring your item with us; we'll arrange for you to meet us at a pre-arranged exit off the Interstate we'll be traveling, and get your item- pretty simple!

I can carry that body panel you need, suspension, or whatever- even an engine, rear axle, and/or trans.! I'll have two strapping young men along, plus me, a strapping older man:D so we can offload your part.

So as not to take away from my family's vacation time, I'd need you to be able to meet along our route: I take I-81 into PA, then I-83 to the Beltway, to I-95 to Daytona, then I-4 to Orlando. If needed we could go I-81 into VA, then I-64 East to I-95. We'll guesstimate the time, then through the miracle of cell-phone technology I can let you know when we get close.

If you want to try to make something happen, let me know. Sure, it's a long-shot, but it also opens up a big part of the world to East-Coasters for a brief window of opportunity;)

This can also work in reverse; I can bring something home from FL to NY, or in between. Only criteria is it has to fit in the van.

My incredible family is always game; I can make the 17 and 18 YO boys use those young muscles, and Linda can stand by to call 911 if needed Sellers, here's your chance to get that bulky thing to somebody that's been bugging you for it...

Let me know, and let's do it!

Here's a new dimension- It looks like I'll be bringing home a Lark body from SC; so that means I'll be towing an empty tow dolly from NY to SC. So if you need a car hauled anywhere from NY to SC, I can do that for you as well!

Here's my new route: I 81 from central NY, through PA, MD, WV into VA. I-77 that goes past Charlotte into SC to Columbia; pick up I-26 to I 95 in SC.

Same criteria: Have the car ready to go near the Interstate and I'll drop it off the same way.

This is a rare chance to get free hauling- can't get easier "(or cheaper) than that!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Nitram
10-27-2008, 07:24 PM
If you know of a rust free hood for my 57 Transtar I'll take you up on the offer.
I would even be willing to pitch in a little for your generosity.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
[i]~Nitram~
57 Transtar

bams50
10-30-2008, 05:39 AM
Glad to help you if I can, Nitram! But I wouldn't know a Transtar hood if I saw it. That's why I said, you arrange the purchase and pay for the item, and I'll be glad to haul it for you.

My route has been confirmed: I-81 from central NY, through PA, MD, WV into VA. I-77 that goes past Charlotte into SC to Columbia; pick up I-26 to the Columbia area.

And my dolly will be empty from home to SC. Still available to haul a rolling car South for you!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

bams50
11-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Just a reminder; still available!

Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
11-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Last call- still available! We're leaving NY Fri. afternoon 11/21.

Parish, central NY 13131

DEEPNHOCK
11-16-2008, 04:14 PM
I have my order in[:p]...
What 'else' do you have for sale that you could drag down to Sonny's???
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Last call- still available! We're leaving NY Fri. afternoon 11/21.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/1937CEBearfootingArtwithLabelgif-1.jpghttp://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/SDClogo4forum.jpghttp://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/StudebakerTruckFarmerStickerA-1.jpghttp://www.racingstudebakers.com/avatar_01.jpg http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

glassfrog
11-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Need a good later 289 drive train. Any possibilities?
John
careyjohnf@gmail.com

JC

bams50
11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

I have my order in[:p]...
What 'else' do you have for sale that you could drag down to Sonny's???
Jeff[8D]

Here's a deal for you:

Two young fellers, one 1990 and one 1991. Relatively low miles. House kept. Ran when parked. Both hard on fuel, and just out of warranty. Muffling system apparently shot. Need attitude restoration, or could be patched up for everyday use. Wife says must not go, but must sell to make room for next project. Make offer.

See them operate at Sonny's unloading your stuff, and at Cape May Buffet on Thanksgiving. Studebaker trades considered;)

Parish, central NY 13131