PDA

View Full Version : Recycled Studebaker building flooring



Scott
10-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Some of you might want some of this beautiful wood in your home! I'm bored today, so this is what happens. I post odd stuff for fun.

http://www.woodsbygwgreen.com/Studebaker.html

showbizkid
10-23-2008, 05:21 PM
That's pretty cool.


[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
'63 F2/Lark Standard
http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
www.studebakersandiego.com

vegas paul
10-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Funny, I would have expected it to have rust-through holes in it...

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
'51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/vegas_paul/graciestude_edited.jpg

Ron Dame
10-23-2008, 05:47 PM
RFQ sent! My porch may never look beter!


quote:Originally posted by Scott

Some of you might want some of this beautiful wood in your home! I'm bored today, so this is what happens. I post odd stuff for fun.

http://www.woodsbygwgreen.com/Studebaker.html


Ron Dame
'63 Champ

JBOYLE
10-23-2008, 05:54 PM
There is a high-end exotic/collector car dealer in the Sattle area that was advertising recycled old growth wood.
Their sales pitch was it came from a Alaskan seafood processing factory so had never been exposed to chemicals.

Sure, no chemicals...but 50, 60 years of fish guts. [:0]

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State

Daan
10-23-2008, 07:44 PM
The artist's co-op I used to live in had recycled box-car flooring. THat stuff was just about indestructible, a neighbor had some kind of big Japanese motorcycle in his unit that he was rebuilding, the engine fell off of what he was working on it and the damage looked about as bad as when I drop a fork or something on my new-ish wood floor at home. It would be super cool to have this stuff for flooring, a part of the Stude factory as part of your home, and I bet it will last longer than "modern" wood flooring. Cool.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/DansStudes/

DEEPNHOCK
10-23-2008, 08:35 PM
And not just floors...
http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/40826/2364631630038087468S600x600Q85.jpg
I bought (for the NCFSDC) some wood from a beam from one of the buildings.
Lee DeLebarre brought it all down to the Tri-Sate meet for me.
Took it home and made up all the awards plaques for the SDC Zone meet held in Gainesville that year.
Rick Courtier helped with the artwork...
Had the letter of provenance decoupaged to the back...
Quite a project, but it turned out real nice.
Pic's are at: http://rides.webshots.com/album/549177669ICHpXp?start=0
Jeff[8D]


quote:Originally posted by Scott

Some of you might want some of this beautiful wood in your home! I'm bored today, so this is what happens. I post odd stuff for fun.

http://www.woodsbygwgreen.com/Studebaker.html


http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/1937CEBearfootingArtwithLabelgif-1.jpghttp://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/SDClogo4forum.jpghttp://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/StudebakerTruckFarmerStickerA-1.jpghttp://www.racingstudebakers.com/avatar_01.jpg http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

bondobilly
10-25-2008, 11:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

And not just floors...
http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/40826/2364631630038087468S600x600Q85.jpg
I bought (for the NCFSDC) some wood from a beam from one of the buildings.
Lee DeLebarre brought it all down to the Tri-Sate meet for me.
Took it home and made up all the awards plaques for the SDC Zone meet held in Gainesville that year.
Rick Courtier helped with the artwork...
Had the letter of provenance decoupaged to the back...
Quite a project, but it turned out real nice.
Pic's are at: http://rides.webshots.com/album/549177669ICHpXp?start=0
Jeff[8D]


quote:Originally posted by Scott

Some of you might want some of this beautiful wood in your home! I'm bored today, so this is what happens. I post odd stuff for fun.

http://www.woodsbygwgreen.com/Studebaker.html


http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/1937CEBearfootingArtwithLabelgif-1.jpghttp://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/SDClogo4forum.jpghttp://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/StudebakerTruckFarmerStickerA-1.jpghttp://www.racingstudebakers.com/avatar_01.jpg http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock



Is there ANYTHING you can't do, or something that you do poorly?
Engines, houses, wood, electical, painting.

barnlark
10-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Jeff, that was a great idea and a thoughtful award to treasure for everyone. The effort alone wins you an award, but to do it with the original wood is just a terrific project for which cannot be thanked enough; wow! Wish I had won one of those down there. Planer and routers, etc. I'm impressed. I did that for a dash a couple times and it's very satisfying when completed to see the grain of anything come to life. [^][^][^]

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1253_2.jpg

studeclunker
10-25-2008, 01:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

Funny, I would have expected it to have rust-through holes in it...

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
'51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/vegas_paul/graciestude_edited.jpg


Or maybe water damage (LOL)!:D

All kidding aside, I'd love to have the money to use this stuff on the floors of my house. To be able to walk on a little bit of Studebaker Motors Corp every day...[8D] Sigh, oh for the resources...[8]

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Studeclunker/december%2006/HPIM0234.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Studeclunker/56%20Parkview%20Wagon/56wagonleftfrontclipped-1.jpg
Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith
Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?