What is pouch in trunk of Avanti II ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is pouch in trunk of Avanti II ?

On the Avanti II I once owned and on the Avanti II in ebay listing #250311787303 there is a black vinyl "pouch" of some kind fastened to the back of the rear seat. I never could figure out what was to be put in it unless it was a set of very large "Rat Tail" files.

I spose the smart___ answer would be "whatever you want to put in there", but I will admit that I have found very little use for the pouch in my Avanti II. I suppose you could put one tool in each little pocket, but I prefer to carry them all in a tool box.

All that said, small-cab Chev/GMC pickups have something similar under their back window. However, their individual pockets are much bigger, and can actually be used to hold things as big as a Sunday newspaper or one of those screwdriver-sets-in-a-pouch sold by Sears.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC
    Skip Lackie

Comment

The back of the rear seat in any Avanti (63-91) is in front of the gas tank. You can't see it...
      The pouch you mean (I think) is attached to the trunk's forward bulkhead (also against the gas tank) and most of the ones I've seen, is used as a tool pouch. They have long pockets sewn into it.

Bob Johnstone

55 President State Sedan
      64 GT Hawk
      70 Avanti (R3)
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
      X