37 windshield opening measurement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 windshield opening measurement

I have the 37 in the body shop now getting the dents, rust etc. fixed. The cowl area around the vent was pushed down somehow and I need to know how far it needs to be pushed up during the repair. I need to know what the distance the opening for the windshield is at the center point.
    Jerry Kaiser has given me an estimated distance because his windshield is already installed.
    If you have a 37 without a windshield I would appreciate knowing the measurement of the closest points at the center. Jerry estimated 12 3/8 inches but looking at mine it seems like it might need to be a bit smaller.
    If it would help I could send pictures by email.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Mine is out, just measured it at 12 1/4 inches

Comment

Thanks Chris.
      By the way do you know where I can get the seal for the center of the windshield (where the two pieces of glass meet? I also need the same piece for the rear window of a President coupe. I spoke to one of the Shrock Bros. today and they did not have them.
      Thanks again,
      Steve

Comment

No idea, but Bob Kapetyn is a great source for pre-war parts. You can look up his contact info I believe in the mebers section

Comment

I took an M Series divider and cut it down to fit.
          (Wasn't my idea... I was told how to do it..)
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 5brown1

Thanks Chris.
          By the way do you know where I can get the seal for the center of the windshield (where the two pieces of glass meet? I also need the same piece for the rear window of a President coupe. I spoke to one of the Shrock Bros. today and they did not have them.
          Thanks again,
          Steve
          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Where did you get the "M series" divider and how about explaining how it is adapted to the 37 windows. I've looked at many of your pictures, did you take any of the process?

Thanks,
            Steve

Comment

Steve..
              I do have some pic's.
              I had an original '37 center bar stainless piece.
              You have to cut the new one down and slip the stainless over the new rubber covered metal piece.
              When I get home I'll dig out a pic and send it to you.
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 5brown1

Where did you get the "M series" divider and how about explaining how it is adapted to the 37 windows. I've looked at many of your pictures, did you take any of the process?

Thanks,
              Steve
              http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
              X