PDA

View Full Version : FREE Shipping from Reedsville along East Coast

bams50
10-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Get FREE shipping from Reedsville to anywhere from NY to FL!

Frequently we need something, but the shipping is either hard to arrange, or too expensive. I'll bring you that item at no charge. Here's what I'm thinking:

Buy that item from someone who's going to Reedsville. I'll pick it up there and bring it home. We're going to Disney World the week before Thanksgiving. This trip it's just 4 of us in a full-size conversion van, so there will be a decent space in the back. I'll bring your item with us; we'll arrange for you to meet us at a pre-arranged exit off the Interstate we'll be traveling, and get your item- pretty simple!

I can carry that body panel you need, suspension, or whatever- even an engine, rear axle, and/or trans.! I'll have two strapping young men along, plus me, a strapping older man;) so we can offload your part.

So as not to take away from my family's vacation time, I'd need you to be able to meet along our route: I take I-81 into PA, then I-83 to the Beltway, to I-95 to Daytona, then I-4 to Orlando. If needed we could go I-81 into VA, then I-64 East to I-95. We'll guesstimate the time, then through the miracle of cell-phone technology I can let you know when we get close.

If you want to try to make something happen, let me know. Sure, it's a long-shot, but it also opens up a big part of the world to East-Coasters for a brief window of opportunity[8D]

This can also work in reverse; I can bring something home from FL to NY, or in between. Only criteria is it has to fit in the van.

My incredible family is always game; I can make the 17 and 18 YO boys use those young muscles, and Linda can stand by to call 911 if needed:D Sellers, here's your chance to get that bulky thing to somebody that's been bugging you for it...

Let me know, and let's do it!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

barnlark
10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
As usual, very generous of you, B.A. [^] Now, if I can just move, I'll meet you at a golf course surrounded home on the ocean with a 4 car garage. [8D] Can you drop an R3 off while I'm dreaming? Seriously, thoughtful gesture, hope someone has a happy delivery. Your family must be a patient bunch!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0611_2-1.jpg

mbstude
10-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Drive 2 hours east of I-95 in Savannah and visit us in Hazlehurst. :)

Matthew Burnette
Hazlehurst, GA
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/1959S2D/quadraportle005.jpg

Flashback
10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Man, I am going to buy something, just so I can meet
a guy that makes such wonderful offers

Tex E. Grier
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn320/Flashback53/Studebaker255.jpg

ChampTrucking
10-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Buy one of his cars!!

bams50
10-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Thanks, but it's really not a big deal- I just have some extra space that somebody might be able to use, that's all; so why not?

And yes, Dave, in spite of having lived a PITA life I've been blessed with an incredible family. Linda once offered to sell her own car to get the money to replace a race car engine[:0] (No, I didn't do it!) How could I not be in awe of somebody like that?[:X]

Many times I've taken a day off from our Disney vacation to run over to a car auction in Lakeland, or St. Pete, or Ocoee. When I buy I usually have them shipped, but if I want I drive one home Linda will agree to drive the van 1400 miles home, nervous or not- no complaints. She also never gripes when we stop in a park at Disney for me to take a business call, with the (correct) reasoning that hey, if it wasn't for that we wouldn't even be there[^]

So if I wanted to wander off track for half a day- or more- to putz around with Studebakers, she would do it with no complaint. Which is why I can't take more than a few minutes from their vacation, which is why I'd need a meeting near our route. It's the least I can do for her;)

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

bams50
10-21-2008, 05:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Drive 2 hours east of I-95 in Savannah and visit us in Hazlehurst. :)

You can believe, I would very much like to come by and see you and your family if I could; just no room in the schedule presently. One of these trips I'll definitely figure it in[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

8E12T6
10-21-2008, 06:20 AM
Ummmmmm, let me think about this. 2 hours EAST of I-95 in JawGa. Would that put you in Hazlehurst or the Bermuda Triangle? Just checking before I make the trip. [:I]

bams50
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
After a little more thought, I'll add: It doesn't need to just be through Reedsville- I can pick up and drop off anywhere along the way. Same as above- I'd pick up at an exit and drop off at another.

Let me know if I can help!

Parish, central NY 13131

mbstude
10-21-2008, 07:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by 8E12T6

Ummmmmm, let me think about this. 2 hours EAST of I-95 in JawGa. Would that put you in Hazlehurst or the Bermuda Triangle? Just checking before I make the trip. [:I]

You got me. I'm west of I-95, so I suppose you'd want to drive west. [:I] Driving east will put you in the Atlantic, and we all know that salt water is bad for our cars.

Edited cause I can't tell east from west. [:o)]

Matthew Burnette
Hazlehurst, GA
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/1959S2D/quadraportle005.jpg

bams50
10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Matthew- I hate to contradict you, buddy, but..........

You got me to get my map out and find Hazlehurst, because your directions didn't add up. You are in fact WEST of I-95. Driving EAST of I-95 will put you in the ocean very quickly, since it runs almost along the coast in GA...

Now, go back to your old school and wag your finger at your ex-geography teacher;)

Parish, central NY 13131

studegary
10-21-2008, 08:17 PM
From 36 years of driving to Florida from NY, I have tried all sorts of routes. The following is what works best for me. I take I 84 west to I 81. This is where we would be on common ground/route. I take I 81 to I 77 to I 26 and then hit I 95 far south. In Florida, take whatever route suits your final destination. My using this route is based on traffic, tolls ($1 across the Hudson - one way), scenery, etc. It may be up to 50 miles longer than some other routes, but I find it to be quicker.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

bams50
10-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Gary what state(s) are these routes in? I'm trying to find them on my map.

Parish, central NY 13131

barnlark
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
"She also never gripes...,offered to sell her own car to get the money to replace a race car engine (No, I didn't do it!) How could I not be in awe of somebody like that?"

I suddenly don't have any desire for any Studebaker part, but I do want you to clone her and I'll drive 500 miles out of my way to get that one! A twin sister will suffice since I saw the movie Multiplicity and copies are not exactly the same as the original. :D:D:D;)[^]

bams50
10-21-2008, 08:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by barnlark

"She also never gripes...,offered to sell her own car to get the money to replace a race car engine (No, I didn't do it!) How could I not be in awe of somebody like that?"

I suddenly don't have any desire for any Studebaker part, but I do want you to clone her and I'll drive 500 miles out of my way to get that one! A twin sister will suffice since I saw the movie Multiplicity and copies are not exactly the same as the original. :D:D:D;)[^]

Good news is, she does have a beautiful sister, to whom I'm also very close. Bad news is, she's married to a cop.[V] If he ever decides to part with her, I'll have to figure out how to work something out;) Heck, I've already unofficially adopted her 3 boys, so..........

Parish, central NY 13131

barnlark
10-21-2008, 09:16 PM
That may slow up your trip this time. Maybe next vacation. :D How much room in the back of that van, anyway??? Getting crowded. ;)

bams50
10-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Just 4 going this time- me, Linda, son Rob, and her sister's oldest son Gerritt. Last time we went to Disney (April) it was me, Linda, and her sister. Good times!

Parish, central NY 13131

studegary
10-21-2008, 09:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by bams50

Gary what state(s) are these routes in? I'm trying to find them on my map.

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews

I 81 from NY, through PA, MD, WV into VA. This is where you pick up I 77 that goes past Charlotte into SC to Columbia where you pick up I 26 that takes you over to I 95 in SC near GA. This isn't exact, but should give you the idea.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

bams50
10-21-2008, 10:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by studegary

I 81 from NY, through PA, MD, WV into VA. This is where you pick up I 77 that goes past Charlotte into SC to Columbia where you pick up I 26 that takes you over to I 95 in SC near GA. This isn't exact, but should give you the idea.

I looked that up in my Atlas, Gary- nice looking route. The reason we've never gone that way is because we've always looked forward to stopping at South of the Border in Dillon, on 95 on the NC/SC border. We may just try that way this time in one direction or the other; we keep all the stats, so we'll know what the actual distance/time difference is. I had to highlight it on my map to really see the difference. Your way does look a little longer, but it would be nice to miss the DC area...

Depends on if I end up with anything to deliver...

Parish, central NY 13131