Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one meets the torch

Sad, but what can you do?

This was on eBay last week; ended up at $312.77, Reserve Not Met. I thought about it, but I've already got a couple I'm working on getting home

I guess the bright side is, the seller's at least trying to get some parts out to people who need them, instead of just sending it to the crusher...[V]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Yes, Bob; you are very perceptive.

I'd say the absence of a battery hold-down [:0] is going to keep this car well in back of the money, for sure. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, Bob; you are very perceptive.

I'd say the absence of a battery hold-down [:0] is going to keep this car well in back of the money, for sure. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That could be the answer to my seat questions.... and a few other lost/missing/wanted parts... hmmmm...

Comment

Gosh, now it's my turn to decry being on the wrong side of the country! If I would be able to procure this car, perhaps between it and Frumpy, there could be one running car made. It's a shame, really, but there you have it.[8][V]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

He's SOL, you can't give away a 232 most of the time.

JDP/Maryland
            "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
            Thomas Jefferson
            JDP Maryland

Comment

He's SOL, you can't give away a 232 most of the time.

JDP/Maryland
              "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
              Thomas Jefferson
              JDP Maryland

Comment

I thought about it because I want a nice 52 LC specifically for a keeper- V8 3-O/D. I thought this one would be a good parts car to have around for when I find one. Odds are he will sell little off it, and it will in fact go to the crusher

Maybe if his auction ends with a no-sale on the engine I'll contact him and see if he'll make me a deal on it.......

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I thought about it because I want a nice 52 LC specifically for a keeper- V8 3-O/D. I thought this one would be a good parts car to have around for when I find one. Odds are he will sell little off it, and it will in fact go to the crusher

Maybe if his auction ends with a no-sale on the engine I'll contact him and see if he'll make me a deal on it.......

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I wonder how much it would cost to drive a medium sized U-Haul from PENN. to CA?

Ron Smith
                    Ron Smith

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

I wonder how much it would cost to drive a medium sized U-Haul from PENN. to CA?
                      Probably about the same as a running and driving 52 in good condition

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Probably about the same as a running and driving 52 in good condition

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131
                        Sad, but true[V], I'm afraid. I really would like to save the old girl, but what can I say...

Ron Smith
                        Ron Smith

Comment

Sad , but true [V], I'm afraid.
                          I really would like to save the old girl, but what can I say...
                          I know, I know!!!! [:0] [)] [V]

(waving hands and jumping up and down...)

Dude On the Same Coast as You... [xx(]
                          a.k.a. StudeDave '57 [)]

StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Okay, Dave, would you like to share with the rest of the class?

Ron Smith
                            Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                            X