PDA

View Full Version : Packard Hawk

MikeW
10-19-2008, 09:53 AM
I know this is a stab in the dark, but anyone know of a concours Packard Hawk for sale? I have a Packard guy looking for one. Price does not seem to be a concern. Let me know and I'll hook you up with this guy.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

StudeMichael
10-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I do not know of one Mike but your post is interesting. Most "Packard" guys I have spoken to would never buy a 1958 Packard Hawk because of course they say it a fake Packard. Your guy must like Studebakers also. I myself would like to have a few someday!!

1957 Packard Clipper
1958 Golden Hawk
1963 Daytona Convertible
1963 R2 Daytona
1963 R2 GT Hawk
1963 R1 Wagonaire
1963 R4 Avanti
1964 Champ
1966 Cruiser

StudeMichael
10-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I do not know of one Mike but your post is interesting. Most "Packard" guys I have spoken to would never buy a 1958 Packard Hawk because of course they say it a fake Packard. Your guy must like Studebakers also. I myself would like to have a few someday!!

1957 Packard Clipper
1958 Golden Hawk
1963 Daytona Convertible
1963 R2 Daytona
1963 R2 GT Hawk
1963 R1 Wagonaire
1963 R4 Avanti
1964 Champ
1966 Cruiser

barnlark
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I do. The guy next to me at the Lancaster Concours, Greg, was selling his, big bucks, but more than ready for division 8 concours.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0749_2-1.jpg

barnlark
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I do. The guy next to me at the Lancaster Concours, Greg, was selling his, big bucks, but more than ready for division 8 concours.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0749_2-1.jpg

MikeW
10-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Dave,
I have forwarded the guy's name and contact information to you. If you have a full name for the seller, you might want to let him know of this guy. Or if you can forward contact info to me I will send him the buyer's name

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

MikeW
10-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh, I know who's car that is. Sorry I typed before thinking. Do you have a number for Gregg?

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

MikeW
10-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh, I know who's car that is. Sorry I typed before thinking. Do you have a number for Gregg?

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

barnlark
10-19-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't have a contact name. He drove all the way from Texas with his wife. The Lancaster folks like Avantidon involved in the meet should have his name and info. Sorry, I'm barely good for pictures. :(

barnlark
10-19-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't have a contact name. He drove all the way from Texas with his wife. The Lancaster folks like Avantidon involved in the meet should have his name and info. Sorry, I'm barely good for pictures. :(

MikeW
10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
His name is either G. Cuiba or G. Ciuba and I believe the car was restored by Bill Duff. Does anyone have contact info for Gregg? He is from TX.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

MikeW
10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
His name is either G. Cuiba or G. Ciuba and I believe the car was restored by Bill Duff. Does anyone have contact info for Gregg? He is from TX.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

Avantidon
10-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Mike and Dave, check your mail as I forwarded all info on this car to you this AM outside of here and it does include the phone# I have.

MikeW
10-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks, I got the update.
I have transmitted the name and contact info to the potential buyer. Hope it turns out positive for both of them.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

MikeW
10-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks, I got the update.
I have transmitted the name and contact info to the potential buyer. Hope it turns out positive for both of them.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

barnlark
10-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Got it Don!

Avantidon
10-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Dave sent you another ###. See if that one works.

Avantidon
10-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Dave sent you another ###. See if that one works.

studegary
10-20-2008, 03:08 PM
What are the wheels on the pictured car? Are they 15" off an earlier Packard? Maybe with extra chrome or trim rings.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

MikeW
10-20-2008, 06:13 PM
They appear to be after market wire wheels with caps as sold by a Packard vendor. They appear larger than the original 14 inch wheels. I would guess they are 15 inch wheels.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

MikeW
10-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Gary, I thought you would have noticed that the "toilet seat" fron the trunk lid is missing?
I think its an improvement,but I would look the car over very carefully before buying it.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

barnlark
10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
The wheels are from an aftermarket company that he had made up specifically for the car to the tune of about $3700, if I remember correctly. Many people asked about them and the company whom made them. They looked like they were made for it to me; really beautifully done. I had to ask what wasn't stock, being just another Lark guy next to him. :( He has everything that was stock for that car for the purist buyer, if they want it, including the original wheels. I'm not a PH expert at all, but that car was very, very well done. Maybe one of the experts in the club whom looked it over can chime in on the condition better than I, but I can say if you like Packard Hawks, this is one of the best I have ever seen. He owns a body shop and had a lot of time and money in it. It was a 394 point car.

BobPalma
10-20-2008, 09:23 PM
:) I spent a good half-hour talking to the owner/builder of this Packard Hawk at Lancaster and will confirm: It is every bit as nice as it looks. The builder told me about the wire wheels being custom made, too.

We were talking about materials cost in the body shop and restoration business. He stated he spent over $600 on materials for this car's frame....[u]frame,</u> mind you, before he even started working on the body!

A drop-dead gorgeous car. :DBP

MikeW
10-21-2008, 09:42 AM
The person who was looking for a concours level car and Greg are now talking to each other. Thanks to those who helped. This is,obviously a very nice car. Hopefully something productive will come from their interaction. As I have reminded members in the past, I maintain a roster of the surviving Packard Hawks. If you have a Packard Hawk and I don't have it listed, please contact me and it would not hurt to include some contact information. I won't make that information public but I will keep it just in case.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

studegary
10-21-2008, 07:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by MikeW

Gary, I thought you would have noticed that the "toilet seat" fron the trunk lid is missing?
I think its an improvement,but I would look the car over very carefully before buying it.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

I wasn't trying to pick the Hawk apart. I was just curious about the wheels.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

studegary
10-21-2008, 07:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by barnlark

The wheels are from an aftermarket company that he had made up specifically for the car to the tune of about $3700, if I remember correctly. Many people asked about them and the company whom made them. They looked like they were made for it to me; really beautifully done. I had to ask what wasn't stock, being just another Lark guy next to him. :( He has everything that was stock for that car for the purist buyer, if they want it, including the original wheels. I'm not a PH expert at all, but that car was very, very well done. Maybe one of the experts in the club whom looked it over can chime in on the condition better than I, but I can say if you like Packard Hawks, this is one of the best I have ever seen. He owns a body shop and had a lot of time and money in it. It was a 394 point car.

Was the Hawk entered in a modified class? I don't see how it could have possibly gotten 394 points in a stock class.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

barnlark
10-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Yes, Division 8, Gary. It was amazingly done.
We were separated by only 19 points, but I was embarrassed to be that close.