The price is right, but the shipping will kill you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The price is right, but the shipping will kill you

Decent price on this V8 starter, but look at the shipping cost!

[:0]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

It's the new ebay rule screwing him up

"EBAY DEMANDS A SHIPPING COST I CAN NO LONGER HAVE A UNSPECIFIED SHIPPING COST FOR HEAVY OR BULKY ITEMS. COST IS ADJUSTED WHEN I PACKAGE, WEIGH AND HAVE A SHIPPING LOCATION. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. DO NOT PAY UNTIL I INVOICE OR YOU MAY OVER DRAW FROM YOUR ACCOUNT."

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Comment

It's the new ebay rule screwing him up

"EBAY DEMANDS A SHIPPING COST I CAN NO LONGER HAVE A UNSPECIFIED SHIPPING COST FOR HEAVY OR BULKY ITEMS. COST IS ADJUSTED WHEN I PACKAGE, WEIGH AND HAVE A SHIPPING LOCATION. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. DO NOT PAY UNTIL I INVOICE OR YOU MAY OVER DRAW FROM YOUR ACCOUNT."

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

That was definitely a LOL moment. I bet I could ship one for a good $10K less[)]

Personally I wouldn't be afraid to buy it and trust the seller for shipping; I've never had trouble with that. I bought some NOS wheel covers and paid what the seller wanted for shipping. Out of the blue I got a credit from him into my account for $1.41; reason- excess shipping cost.

Once in a great while you see a seller with a small BIN but really high shipping (nice sneaky trick) but that's pretty rare. Most sellers don't care about dinging you on shipping, they just want their item sold.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I always thought the low selling price and higher-than-normal shipping was an end-around the ebay selling fees. The seller gets the TOTAL price they want/need, but short ebay out of the selling tax. This specific sale is different and explained in the text.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
          1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Working...
          X