Where's Swifster??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Swifster??

No posts from Tom in a long while, and e-mails have gone unanswered... hope everything's OK!

Anyone know Tom or from his area- Central FL?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Hey, Bams

FYI, I don't know if this is our Tom Allen, but a little googling produced:

OnSite Tech Solutions, Inc.
      Thomas Allen

(813) 864-4842
      3433 Lithia Pincrest Road, #305
      Valrico, FL 33594 Phone: (813) 864-4842
      Fax: (813) 864-4842
      Mobile: (813) 864-4842

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
      53 Starliner Hardtop
      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

I checked his profile, it says Mulberry, FL. Anyone live near there?

Google turned up a home address and phone #, but I feel funny about calling someone this way. It's just that he was always here, then suddenly no posts since 9/14!

Tom, where are ya??

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Bams,
          On one of his last posts it says Valrico, FL at the bottom.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
          53 Starliner Hardtop
          Newton Grove, NC

Comment

One last bump... anyone in the central FL area??

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

This has been bugging me... how does somebody go from posting pretty much every day to nothing in over a month??

So I spent a little time searching the 'net. I found one Tom Allen in Valrico, FL and called the number. It was answered by a Tom Allen, and I asked if he was the one that had Studebakers; he said no.

Next, I found one in his listed home of Mulberry. I called the number, and it said the number was not in service... disturbing....

Anyone got any ideas? I don't know him at all except from the Forum. If he's lost interest that's fine, but it would be good to know he's OK.

Mulberry is near Lakeland, Winter Haven, and Plant City. Is anyone in the area that could drive by the street address I have?

I'd like to find out what happened. If anyone can help, let me know.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I believe I know the individual you ae asking about. He moved from Michigan to Fla awhile back, and may be taking a break from his hobby to deal with more pressing matters, and would rather not burden us with the details. I seriously doubt that he'd part with his project, if that is what you are wondering...

Comment

Yes, he did move from MI to FL, so that could very well be him! No, I have no interest in his cars; that's not why I'm inquiring. It's just that he was a frequent contributor here, then suddenly was gone without a word.

We get to know each other here, and develop something of a relationship/friendship. I have no desire to pry into his personal life, just wish he'd check in so we know he's not dead or dying, or at least know if he is.

If you do know him, and you can talk to him, just let him know we're hoping he's OK; just pop in and say that. If a family member suddenly disappeared, you'd be pretty concerned, right? Almost the same thing here.

A quick pop-in is all I'm asking.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Another alternative would be an e-mail to me; I would keep the details private if desired.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Been wondering the same thing myself. On Aug. 4th, he said he had been to a funeral in Detroit for a cousin, and would get a check in the mail to me that day (Aug. 4th.). Never heard from him again. The check was to cover the cost of shipping the (free) "Pay-it-forward" Motor Manual he claimed from this forum. After a few weeks of waiting, I decided to try and "prime the pump" by sending him the book on my dime. Have not heard from him at all. And am using his personal e-mail. Even threatened him with the Clique Mob.
                      Was there any hurricane damage in his area?

KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I just saw a post from Swifster on the HAMB.

I have the opportunity to get a '52 Crosley wagon. Would like to see what others have done with one of these. Thanks!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

That's pretty odd. Still no visible reason why he just abruptly stopped here. Oh well, at least he's alive...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I guys! It's nice to know I've been missed. I had some business issues that I had to deal with and didn't get a chance to visit to many forums. I hadn't even looked at my personal e-mails since September. It was finacial and I'll leave it at that. And yes, the cars almost ended up with For Sale signs. The only reason I made it on the HAMB was that I was hoping I would have a shot at a Crosly wagon extremely cheap and was looking for ideas. I thought I might b e able to get it for $100, but the insurance company wanted $1800 [:0].

As for Kurt, I do apoligize regarding the payment on the Motors book. I had sent the money order out in August and didn't realize there was a problem until yesterday. I checked with the issuer and found it wasn't cashed and they replaced it with another for $20 . It went out in today's mail. Hopefully it will arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. Heck, I haven't even opened the box yet. It's sitting with my other manuals.

So I'm back. In the short term I may not be on as much as before, but I'm sure by January everything should be back to normal. I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and that everyone is well. Again, thanks for everyone's concern.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Oh, by the way, my phone is my cell and it's not listed. The listed number was an older Verizon number that was replaced when I moved last January. If anyone ever needs to get ahold of me, my number is (813)523-1899. Thanks again!

And no, I'm not worried about passing out my number, just don't pass me on to someone's listing service...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X