63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Jeff Rice knows that guy IIRC!

Comment

Uh oh

Hope he thought out the ventilation, fumes, and sectioning off the old rear passenger area. Let along the noise.
        DeepNhock what dooooo you know of this?

ChopStu
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Back seat drivers beware... Wonder what keeps the front end down on that (or maybe that's the point).

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
          '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

That's an interesting piece. The driveshaft has been shortened consideribly, as well as the weight has been shifted rearward toward his driving wheels. If it works there should be two areas that should help the vehicle, the handling and the traction to the rear wheels, as the weight has been shifted to the midsection. There should also be a definite notice in throttle response from the rear. The only thing I would be worried about now is having to learn how to drive a mid engine vehicle such as this as vehicles like this can get awful twitchy.

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left]
            [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
            [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I think his goal is to have the rear bumper scrape the asphault, and the headlights pointing up at the sky.

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

There used to be a 1953 Starliner in this area that had a set back hemi. It was't set back as far as this one. It just had the firewall cut out allowing the engine to be part way into the passenger compartment (with proper dog house cover).

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Put in a mother-in-law seat and use the passenger compartment for a trunk. No more ventilation or noise problem.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

That would be the most elegant wheelstander I've ever seen.

The late Bob Riggle lived on the same block as my grandparents in Ohio when he built "Hemi Under Glass" He didn't even mind a bunch of kids on our bikes hanging around:

So cool.[8D]

Andy
                    62 GT
                    Andy
                    62 GT

Comment

When he first started to build this car, I sent him several pictures of the engine cradle arrangement used on the original 'Little Red Wagon' Dodge A-100 race truck. He progressed a 'little' farther on the project and then offered it up for sale.
                      Don't really know about the current status of it.
                      Jeff[8D]

[quote]Originally posted by Andy R.

That would be the most elegant wheelstander I've ever seen.

The late Bob Riggle lived on the same block as my grandparents in Ohio when he built "Hemi Under Glass" He didn't even mind a bunch of kids on our bikes hanging around:

So cool.[8D]
                      [/b][/navy]
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                      X