Cold Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Case

I wonder how many saw that beautiful '56 Studebaker on Cold Case last night.
    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Just finished watching it - very nice.[^][8D] I always love how on TV a car can squeal its tires on a gravel road... [B)] Must have been a Commander.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

There was lots of Studebaker mention and presence in this weeks Cold Case nationwide hookup CBS TV Show, many exterior shots and lots of time spent inside the car, but it bugged me that no one knew how to either lock or unlock the front vent windows on both sides as they were at 45 degrees, neither locked or unlocked with the windows closed, just looked strange as there is no reason to ever put the latch levers in that position.

This car was a Sunglow Yellow and White '56 President 289 4 Dr. Sedan "W" Body short wheelbase 4 Dr.

It did some very serious high speed maneuvers, the young girl driver lost control and slid to a stop in one scene. There was hard acceleration and V-8 roar several times, one of which was the "burnout" noted above.

This car got more airtime than any Studebaker ever in a TV show or movie I've seen.

This was definitely one to keep, if anyone had one of those fancy overpriced re-play TV systems, and could re-run it and copy it.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

OK Lets Hit It: Friend of mine contracted his '31 Nash for the movie "John Dillenger" They had a stunt double Nash that was rebuilt with a Chevy V-8, drive train and street rod suspension. So when you see the "old" cars spinning their tires and screaming down the highway, it's not all that meets the eye or ears off the silver screen.

Richard

Comment

I wanted to comment on tonight's Stude exposure, but I wasn't sure which of the FOUR threads to respond to!!!! I picked this one. Sorry George, Bob, and Paul. [)]
          quote:Originally posted by Retired

So when you see the "old" cars spinning their tires and screaming down the highway, it's not all that meets the eye or ears off the silver screen. Richard
          Are you sure [?] [?] [?] I've seen it with my own eyes- cars that drive on their own, cars that can fix themselves, cars that can jump any dried up creek...

It's all for real!!! [:0] [)]

Certainly you're not also saying a Stude 289 in a swb '56 President can't smoke it's tires, are you? I've seen more from lesser Studes... [:0] [^]
          But don't tell Dad, or my older brother Ron about it!!! Opps. [)]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

I wanted to comment on tonight's Stude exposure, but I wasn't sure which of the FOUR threads to respond to!!!! I picked this one. Sorry George, Bob, and Paul. [)]

StudeDave '57 [8D][/b][/font=Comic Sans MS][/size=4]
            No sweat, StudeDave. I got sort of lost amongst the threads myself.
            I wish we could have seen more of the Hawk that was going in the opposite direction in one scene. I'm just relieved that neither car committed the crime.

And yes, Studes CAN burn rubber. [^]

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Yeah Bob, I was SURE that was where this was going, the poor lady would get speared by that '56 President hood ornament! Lol!

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X