Pics. "October Car Fest" Mtn. Home, AR /Oct. 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics. "October Car Fest" Mtn. Home, AR /Oct. 11

This judged show was sponsored by my C21 office and the "Classic Chevy Club of No. Ark. We had a total of 67 judged cars and I think everyone in town stopped by. At least 910 free C21 hot-dogs were eaten.
    What a beautiful day for a car show!

This really nice '30A was probably the oldest.

My Stude sits at the left front just past the golf cart.

I found this '63 V8,AC,Daytona 4 door in the spectator parking lot.
    Nothing special, just a nice driver.

You always have to plug the sponsor!

I'd like to think it wasn't the free hot dogs and drinks, but hey, I really did have the best orphan at the show. [^]
    It really is a lot of fun to have a Stude at a mostly Chev/Ford/Chry show. My car really did get a lot more attention than the Vett next to me and the really nice '62 Impala h.t. behind me. But then I live in a retirement town, lots of old folks, and the car always puts a smile on their face.

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Thanks for the pictures. I am glad that you posted a picture of the office because up to then, I had no idea what "C21" is.

When I saw the Lark in the parking lot, I first thought 1962, but then I see that you are correct. It is a 1963 that has a 1962 grille.

I also like the 1964 Sport Fury hardtop. In 1964, my father and I both bought new 1964 Fury hardtops.

Congrat's. on your award. It reminds me of a local SDC show where we used a piston with a severly bent connecting rod attached to it as a hard luck award.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Dick,
      Looks like you had a good show. Wish I Could have been there. I would have given you a run for your money on the orphan award. Maybe next year.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
      X