Studebakers at Hershey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers at Hershey

I just got back from Hershey and I posted some pictures on Webshots. Here is the link:

I saw Alan Mende (Alanmende). His car was beautiful!

Max Corkins, the guy who puts on the Reedsville swap meet, was there selling parts.

There were some Studebakers for sale. This 58 Silver Hawk was priced at $14,900.

This 63 GT Hawk was priced at $17,000.

I have phone numbers if anyone is interested.

My friends an I went to the AACA museum after the car show. They had 8 Studebakers, including a Studebaker carriage and a Packard Hawk.

Leonard Shepherd

Thanks for the pics, Leonard. Max's rig looks great. I love that thing.

Comment

Good photos, Leonard; thanks.

Was the Packard Hawk part of the special "50s Fins" display at the AACA Museum, or is that over with? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Good photos, Leonard; thanks.

Was the Packard Hawk part of the special "50s Fins" display at the AACA Museum, or is that over with? BP
        It ends today. They had a T-shirt with the Packard Hawk on it and I wanted to buy one, but they had sold out of all the large sizes. There was the artist who did the artwork there, and she said she might make some more T-shirts and will let me know.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

The AACA Museum also has long sleeve T-shirts with a Champ pickup on them.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Hey ...we need one of those shirts !

LANCASTER or BUST
            "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
            1964 Daytona HT
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Leonard-Once again you have posted great pictures of not only Studes but several other true classics. My wife and I were in Hershey during the summer of 2006 but did not about these car museums. We certainly missed out. Thanks.

Tim-Custom '53 Starlight aka The Studebird in Yuma, AZ
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Leonard,

Thanks for the pix. Sorry I missed you yesterday. I had my black and white 56 President Classic in the Driver Participation Class. Doug Geouge of the Keystone Chapter also was in DPC with a very nice '54 Commander sedan. They had us guttersnipe drivers over by the road in the direction of the sewer plant . The weather couldn't have been better and the show was outstanding as usual. But the best part was driving Ike the 400 mile plus round trip up and back. What a great car!

I heard quote a few foreign tongues being spoken yesterday, and was curious if the recent economic downturn was going to affect Europeans' thirst for buying big old American iron. I guess we'll find out in the next few months.

Frank Philippi
                Ocean Pines, MD

Comment

After we talked and I saw your car Alan, there was no doubt about it. Nice Car. Congratulations.

The 57 Golden Hawk 1 in Leonard's pictures is Gary Sassi's. Last year in his first AACA show ever he won the AACA national award for Best Discontinued Auto shown at an AACA meet in 2007. The National Award Tab was was proudly displayed on his car yesterday.

There was a great collection of Studebakers plus an Amphicar, a Vespa and some trucks, but my pick for oddest car was the 29 Divco Milk Truck set up to drive on both sides with no steering wheel, but a tiller in the middle.

Bill
                  http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                  sigpic

Comment

More Hershey pictures here

Bill
                    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                    sigpic

Comment

I think that Champ belongs to a Forum member.

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Leonard, again thanks for all of the photos from Hershey and from the AACA Museunm. Also thanks for posting the picture of the Long Sleeve T-Shirt and the Champ. That Champ is owned by yours truly and was the Poster Child for last winter's Truckin USA Exhibit of American P/U's that graced the museum's rotating gallery floor. It was also the truck that was in the RR Museum of PA at the Lancaster Meet.

As for the Studebakers in the other display they were again put together by yours truly for the Museum in celebration of the International Meet. They will be leaving the Museum this week. Thise vehicles were chosen to represent the variety of vehicles manufactured by Studebaker throughout it's production life. If I had had more space there would have been a few more.

Adain thanks for all of the great pictures.
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for posting a picture of Grace and me. And double thanks (I think) to Bill Clark for taking a picture of Grace with me looking like a doofus with my mouth open. Hey, Bill, I'm not serious; I was talking to someone else about our car.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                          Hummelstown, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.
                          Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                          Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

It was good to meet you, Alan and to see your car. Congratulations on your award!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                            X