Plain Brown Wrapper Retiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plain Brown Wrapper Retiring?

Did I read correctly in another forum that the PBW will be retired? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!
    Is it the fastest Studebaker powered Studebaker with a stock engine in the world? I really wanted to see it run again and will miss it dearly.

Tim K.
    '64 R2 GT Hawk
    Tim K.
    \'64 R2 GT Hawk

You saw it here, Tim; the fifth post in this thread:

Additional material will be in The December Turning Wheels, within my scheduled report of The [abbreviated due to rain] 2008 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the link Bob. In my defense, I remember reading about the race but then never went back to the discussion to catch the part about the retirement. I can totally sympathize with George not wanting to put the car at further risk. It sure was fun to see it go! What could we say, something like "the King is dead, long live the King."?

Tim K.
      '64 R2 GT Hawk
      Tim K.
      \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

I wish it wasn't true, maybe they'll change their minds.
        I never got to see it run in person, I had to stay behind this year to wait for some sheet metal parts from Bob Peterson. [V]

Comment

Working...
        X