PDA

View Full Version : windshield transport help needed.

63larkcustom
10-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I have a windshield that belongs to the Lark Dick Steinkamp is working on. Mr. Biggs loaned it to me to try and help save the 63 sedan I was working on. I've checked transport costs to have it shipped and the cost of shipment is more than a new one. The windshield is in a closet in my house serving no purpose. Is there anyone from the LA area heading up to Washington or perhaps we can relay it up to Dick? Any help in getting this done is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

Orestudeguy
10-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Bob,

I am headed to Portland, OR. on Saturday of next week. If you can get it to Medford/Grants Pass, OR. before Friday of next week I can get it to Portland, if someone or Dick can meet me there.

George
Grants Pass, Oregon
65 Commander 2door
64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
63 Champ
63 GT Hawk
51 Champion Starlight Coupe
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh183/orestudeguy/58Commander.jpg

Alan
10-11-2008, 01:14 PM
I am going up to Hayward to Bob Petersons during the next week or 2 from L.A. Would take it that far, but where from there?

StudeDave57
10-11-2008, 01:29 PM
How in a hurry are you on this? There is a pretty good chance I'll be making a trip that far North soon. Trouble is~ I don't know exactly when as yet. I may not know for at least another week, and even then- the trip may not happen for another month after that. :( [B)] [V] [xx(]
It's a really long story!!! ;) [:0]

Bummer it couldn't have gotten here last month when I sent Baby up to Dad's.
He's very close to Dick's place...

StudeDave '57 [8D]
San Diego, Ca. (for now...)
San Diego County SDC
www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
'57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
'55 PROTOTYPE panel van

63larkcustom
10-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I'd like to get it to him as soon as possible. Its WAY overdue. Dave, let me know as this sounds the most reasonable way.
Thanks,
Bob

Dick Steinkamp
10-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks for posting this, Bob. I appreciate the effort to get it to me.

The Lark I got from Biggs has been on the back burner for a couple of months while I focus on the Ute. I haven't missed the windshield yet :).

I will be in the SF Bay Area in December. I could pick it up at Peterson's then.

Dave, if you are headed north before then, bring it along with you if you have room.

George, thanks for your offer too. :)

Dick Steinkamp
Bellingham, WA

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s66/ddstnkmp/Stude-a-mino%20old%20pics/oldpics6asmall.jpg