(sigh) '55 V-8 Engine Blue Color...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (sigh) '55 V-8 Engine Blue Color...

...AKA "Alberta Blue", a hue I am growing increasingly familiar with as my '55 engine project progresses, er, make that just "gresses". I have several cans of the proper restoration blue, bought from reputable Studebaker Vendors; I LIKES that shade, too.

Got my latest [u]Car Craft</u> Magazine a coupla weeks ago, and they had a couple of pages dedicated to pics of (what else?) "Historic GM Engine Display" (which, I gotta admit, was cool). And yes, they had a shot of a restored 1949 Cadillac OHV V-8.

It was painted the GM-coorect lovely shade of engine...blue[B)]. Sigh. Yep, it's pretty close to "Alberta Blue"; yet another Cadillac/Studebaker comparison (sigh). At least the valve covers were also blue, NOT silver or gold.

So I got curious. "'49 Cadillac Engine Blue" is also pretty darn close to 1964 Ford Engine Blue, and...

Sigh.

Eddie

Rick Courtier painted his '56 Transtar engine with a shade of Pontiac blue that was spot on...
    Perhaps he will chime in let us know what he used..
    Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
    X