5000 posts and an invitation.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5000 posts and an invitation.....

While I suspect 5,000 posts means I spent too much time on the Forum (or didn't do some things others thought I should be doing ), I wanted to take this opportunity to invite everyone to the annual show at Chester Bradfield's on Sunday. As most of you know, Chester published Turning Wheels for many years before retiring from Good Printers earlier this year and has been active with many Studebaker causes during that time.

The show will be at his beautiful home southeast of Bridgewater, VA and the meet starts at 1:00 with lunch at 1:30. Each person is asked to bring a covered dish to add to the buffet line. There is not any judging, but there will be approximately 50-60 cars in attendance.

Here are some pictures from prior years:

Should anyone need more information or directions, please e-mail me or Leonard (lstude) off the Forum. Great weather is forecast and come join us if you are close.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

I'm going to plan a trip to FL that coincides with this show some year. Sounds like a good time!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I have made it to Chester's show a few times. We were sort of planning on going this year and then our October calendar really filled up. It is an 800 mile round trip for us. I agree that it is a nice, low key event at a very nice location. Enjoy it!

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes, Mr Bams: But who will do your Mail route? I thought you took the mailmans' oath. Please, DO take your camera, and post photos here so you and I can judge the cars online. Guido, I really, truly don't think you post too much, here. However, if you devoted that same time jogging instead, in a years time, you might knock a minute or two off of your 5k. I do have an idea for a novel project for you: Why not courageously travel to the meet in Fla in one of your horse-drawn buggies? Why? Because it's there...... As for me, if the urge to visit fla strikes, I will take the easy way out & rent an Impala.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by torker

Yes, Mr Bams: But who will do your Mail route? I thought you took the mailmans' oath. Please, DO take your camera, and post photos here so you and I can judge the cars online. Guido, I really, truly don't think you post too much, here. However, if you devoted that same time jogging instead, in a years time, you might knock a minute or two off of your 5k. I do have an idea for a novel project for you: Why not courageously travel to the meet in Fla in one of your horse-drawn buggies? Why? Because it's there...... As for me, if the urge to visit fla strikes, I will take the easy way out & rent an Impala.
          Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

You Are A Bona-Fide Jerk, Torker!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Back to reality, sheeesh. Thanks for the pics Gary. Chester sent me a personal letter with copies of the May TW back cover in the spring and invited us to that meet. Sorry I can't get down there. I'm also sorry I didn't get to meet up with you for that deck lid. Do you still have it in your trailer, btw?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

You Are A Bona-Fide Jerk, Torker!

Parish, central NY 13131

I DID NOT write that comment in any post. torker made it look like that. I just quoted what he wrote so he couldn't go back and edit it out.

I think we all know what this person is. You all know I wouldn't respond like that.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Congratulations Gary

Mabel 1949 Champion
                  1957 Silverhawk
                  1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                  Gus 1958 Transtar
                  1955 President State
                  1957 Golden Hawk
                  Fresno,Ca
                  Mabel 1949 Champion
                  Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                  Gus 1958 Transtar