wheel cover paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel cover paint

where do I get or how do I re-paint the black and other colors on my 1958 15" hub caps?

Jim Rostron
    Jim Rostron

Easy way is to buy the decal kit.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Hi Jim glad to hear from you again, welcome to the forum! If you have 15 in. Wheelcovers on your '58 Pres. Hardtop, they are the optional ones for the optional 15 in. Wheels, either AC-2799 Spoked Type, or the Standard '57 Studebaker Type Wheel Cover was used on '58's so ordered with 15 in. Wheels.

The former type do have Decals available to make them bright again, I have the 801718 Crest and spokes Decal Kit for $35.00 as other Stude. Vendors do.

The later Type would have to be hand painted with ordinary Automotive or household Black Enamel in the Pint or Quart can to be applied with an artist's brush, not an easy thing to do.
      You also could use the Decals for the Spoked type, on this Standard '57 Wheel Cover, using only the Crests and paint the rest.

quote]Originally posted by mnmfive

where do I get or how do I re-paint the black and other colors on my 1958 15" hub caps? Jim Rostron[/quote]

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Heres an Ebay Hyperlink to a Studebaker Hubcap decal Kit

Comment

How do the judges view the decals? Would they deduct points for having them as opposed to paint?? thanks again JR

Jim Rostron
          Jim Rostron

Comment

Installed correctly, I don't think they could tell! [^]

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

don't the stickers of the black areas show an edge after installed?

Jim Rostron
              Jim Rostron

Comment

Working...
              X