PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Meet in South Bend!

bams50
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm delivering Rich D's (ChampTrucking) Wagonaire next Sunday. I'll be hitting SASCO to search through the interior piles on Monday the 13th. Anyone up for and available for a mini-meet? Rich and I will hit somewhere for Dinner Sunday night, then probably a few hours at SASCO on Monday. Would love to have anyone join me/us if you can!

Of course, this is assuming SASCO is open on the holiday; we'll verify that tomorrow.

Hope at least a few of you can make it! Come and rummage through musty NOS upholstery piles; what could be better??[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

ClaymoreWW
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Coincidentally, I have that day off! Put me down as 90% there! (maybe I'd better get another SASCO list together)

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
http://www.teamwetworks.com/claymore/larkkey.jpg

bams50
10-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Cool George! Now I hope SASCO doesn't observe Columbus Day;)

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

bams50
10-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I did call SASCO today. They will be open Monday, so it's on!

I was disappointed to hear that they no longer have all the interior stuff laid out in that room; it's all "put away". I should have asked, but I assume that means we can't go through it ourselves:( He asked what I was looking for, and told me that all they have for interiors is "some 63 & 64 stuff, and lots of 62 stuff"... lucky for me, that's what I need, so maybe I'll be able to get some of it...

In any case, I'm still looking forward to going, and hitting the Museum again! And, Rich tells me that SB DOES in fact have a Hooter's...[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

ClaymoreWW
10-07-2008, 05:35 AM
What time would you like to meet up, Bob? Oh, and where - SASCO might be a good place to start.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
http://www.teamwetworks.com/claymore/larkkey.jpg

bams50
10-07-2008, 03:35 PM
George, did you get my e-mail? I'm flexible- my plan is SASCO and the Museum, doesn't matter which is first. Whatever fits your schedule- we can do SASCO first if you like. Dave's going to put together my interior order, so the couple hours I thought I'd spend doing that aren't necessary now. They open at 8:30.

Also- I don't know how far away you are, but I'd like to invite you to have dinner with us Sunday night... Hooters has the best wings you can get; and I think it must be owl-themed, judging by the name;)

I'm posting this publicly so I can also once again invite anyone who wants to join us- Sunday dinner or Monday, or both!

Come on down!:D

Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
BTW- My direct e-mail is bams50@msn.com .

Parish, central NY 13131

Jeff T.
10-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Hope you guys have fun, I wish I lived closer to SB:)

Excuse me for reading between the lines regarding the interior room, has SASCO organized their interior inventory to the point that one could request an interior set and they would fill the order?

example phone transaction...

Hi, I would like a set of four interior panels for a 62 hardtop in blue.

Ok, we have plenty of blue interior panels in blue, you just want four.

Yes, four are plenty, thank you

Ok, we'll get that order out to you with in the week...

Could it be that easy now?

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
The Replacements.

bams50
10-08-2008, 05:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jeff T.

has SASCO organized their interior inventory to the point that one could request an interior set and they would fill the order?

Not exactly. I talked to Dave yesterday about this. He told me all that interior stuff in that big room was only put out for the International Meet. It has since been moved to an area not open to the public, and that room is being used for other things.

What he did was ask me what I wanted. I told him any interior panels and seat covers for a 62 Daytona 2dr. HT and 63 Wagonaire or close, preferably red. He punched it into the computer and said, "I don't show anything, so I'll have to go look." I took that to mean that there may well be what I want in there, they just don't have any sets currently assembled. I told him I'd be there on Monday, and he said he would take a look.

So the answer is, yes and no. I'd guess what you have to do is call with what you want, and they'll have to look. Best results would be if you can be a little flexible in what you want as far as style and color, and time. You may get one piece, or a couple, or you may luck out and get a whole set!

Parish, central NY 13131