• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a 54 pickup

Let me know

thanks Jeff

Skip Lackie has a 3R truck.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 4Hawkrod

Let me know

thanks Jeff
      We have a member here in Calgary who owns one, there there's a member in Drake, North Dakota with one as well.

Craig

Comment

One of our Central Wash.(state) chapter members has one, I think for sale[8D]

Comment

There still has to be at least 10-20 of those left, not much more. Few were sold and way fewer remain! [:0]

A few years back when Fred Fox did the Turning Wheels '54 (3R) story, they had to choose a rusty 2 Ton Box van for the cover, because nobody had a pic of one!

That seems really hard to believe, but they always said that good car sales brought good Truck sales and 1954 was a very bad year for both! It seems odd that Truck sales could be as good as it was 1949 to 1953, and then that bad the very next year, for a only mildly face-lifted truck, as was the '54 & early '55 GMC/Chev. Truck!

If looks had anything to do with it, the '54 would be the hands down winner in my book, it looked way better than '53! [^]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

As JDP said, I have one. And Ron Ericson (Ericsson?) in Kansas has one. I think Ron mostly posts over on the Stude truck forum.

Skip Lackie
            Washington DC
            Skip Lackie

Comment

I have one:

I know the paint scheme is for a later truck, but dad wanted it painted that way.

I'm amazed Craig forgot that one. He probably has a better pic of it anyway.

Evan Davis
              Prairie Bulletin
              Saskatchewan Chapter
              Prince Albert, Sk
              Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fargoguy
                I'm amazed Craig forgot that one. He probably has a better pic of it anyway.
                Craig knows that you regularly post here on the Forum, while Jim and Herb do not.[^]

Comment

[/quote]

Craig knows that you regularly post here on the Forum, while Jim and Herb do not.[^]

[/quote]

Does Craig know you talk about him in 3rd Person that way?

Evan Davis
                  Prairie Bulletin
                  Saskatchewan Chapter
                  Prince Albert, Sk
                  Evan Davis
                  Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

You don't say why you want to know, so I don't know what you want to know.

There's one for sale on Ebay.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I believe my dad hauled a short box out of a field a few years ago. How many pick-ups did they make in 54?

Nick

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 61Lark

I believe my dad hauled a short box out of a field a few years ago. How many pick-ups did they make in 54?

Nick
                        Exact figures are hard to come by -- the only way I know of is to subtract the 1954 starting serial numbers from the 1955 starting serial numbers. However, Stude always started each new year with numbers beginning in "01", so this method gives us quantities that are bit high. Using this method, 3R5 = a maximum of 2600, and 3R6 = a maximum of 1750. The Canadian numbers in the parts book give us a negative number, but I'd guess Canadian production was a couple of hundred units.

I don't have Fred Fox's article handy, but he may have more accurate numbers.

Skip Lackie
                        Washington DC
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Fox's article states 263 in Canada.
                          Klif

55 Speedster
                          55 Speedster/Street Machine
                          63 Avanti R2
                          64 Convertible R1

Comment

Chester Bradfield has a '54 that was formerly a local farm truck. Bud Rodgers redid it and added a fuel tank to it. Some of you may have seen it at the PA Railroad Museum outside Lancaster. This is the only picture I could readily find on this computer (there are some on my Tuesday Lancaster album).

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I own a 54 pickup.

Comment

Working...
                              X