add-on turn signal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add-on turn signal question

I hope to reuse an add-on turn signal switch that appears to have been on my 55 truck for a long time. I suppose it was put on when the truck was new. I will have to figure out the wiring as the wires have all been cut below the dash. Usually not a big problem but on the switch I have I am a little confused. There appears to be four positions on the switch.Usually centered would be off , up would be right turn , and down would be left turn.However my switch appears to have another position farther down than where left turn would be. Would the "extra" notch be for four-way flashers?All the add-on switches I have had in the past had a centered pull out position , but this one does not pull out. Thanks.

thom
    thom

I do remember seeing such a switch once. Seems like it was chromed, and had a red jewel knob on the end of the handle. I don't remember the brand name, but the earliest use of a built-in 4-way flasher was in truck switches. How many wires and what colors?

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

If all else fails, order a turn signal switch from JC Whitney. They still carry them.

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
      X