PDA

View Full Version : NEWPORT HILL CLIMB!!!

Son O Lark
10-02-2008, 04:57 AM
IT'S HERE! Come one, come all! Newport,IN (former home of VX gas) Saturday and Sunday. Race day is Sunday. Starting at 11:00 AM, I believe. Weather report is all thumbs up![8D] Even the MAGIC 8 BALL says it'll be great.:D

BobPalma
10-02-2008, 06:18 AM
:) Lest modesty overwhelm him, poster Son-0-Lark is none other than Dale "Lark Parker" McPhearson's son Barry McPhearson, owner of at least one 1963 Daytona Wagonaire...and maybe a second one, too; I can never keep track of who owns what in the family. Lark Parker's Scotsman station wagon remains elusive, however; many have heard of it but have never seen it. Hmmmm....perhaps it is permanently parked at the #1 Handicap Spot at the Frankfort IN Wal-Mart.

Nonetheless, as Barry says, "Hear ye, hear ye; come one and all to tiny Newport in extreme west central Indiana this coming Sunday, October 5, 2008, for the Umpteeth Annual Newport Indiana Antique Auto Hill Climb."

If it's your first time, find the Starting Line. Then turn around and look north from the line a short block on the east side of Main Street. There's a small church where Studeophiles gather in the shade of the front overhang while swapping lies and making strategic plans. Lark Parker may be autographing his new book, "How I Made an R3 Engine Look Like a 1954 232 for Newport Tech Inspection." ;)[:0][}:)]

'Hope to see everyone there! :DBP

wayne
10-02-2008, 02:48 PM
We are driving the 51 commander down tomorrow and will run the hill a few times. I think I am up to 10 people that want to ride on practice day. It is really a lot of fun. My wife allways rides with me on race day she has a good time too. Hope to see a lot of you there.

raoul5788
10-03-2008, 10:06 AM
There are hills in Indiana?

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver
'57 Packard wagon almost on the road!