AACA Museum Studebaker Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AACA Museum Studebaker Display

As many of you know there is a display of Studebaker vehicles in the AACA Museum in Hershey. This display tells the story of Studebaker in a small way. This display will remain in place through the end of Fall Hershey. If you are planning on a visit to Hershey please stop and see what is on display. If not please enjoy the pictures I have posted here:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

<center></center>STUDEBAKER EXHIBIT
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Very nice display and thanks for posting the pictures.

Comment

More than the pictures, thanks Don for your effort in making this display happen.
      It is nice and would have been nicer if the AACA could have relocated other brand name signs. I can see where it would have been difficult to relocate the Pontiac sign, but it seems like it would have been easy to take the Ford sign down or cover it with something Studebaker. For the casual visitor, especially looking at their pictures after they get home, they may draw the inference that the vehicles are Fords (from the sign).

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Many thanks for posting those great photos.
        My wife & I visited the AACA museum during the Stude Int'l Meet in Lancaster. We loved the Studebaker exhibit, the "fins" exhibit and the antique motorcycle room, along with the permanent exhibits.
        I couldn't get over that '41 President, which was taken from a barn. It's in remarkable shape and has low milage. What a find it was.
        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Gary, you are correct that the other make signs should have been moved or covered. However, the Pontiac Sign would have been virtually impossible to move and the others, i did bot even think about the. On the other hand, the is a Studebaker Dealer's Welcome sign hanging from the bottom of a Chandilier between the rows of the Studebakers. This sign is an authentic sign from the family owned Coopr Studebaker dealership that was a 60 year dealer. The Izzer Buggy is owned by Jack Cooper son of the original dealer and the sign is from his collection. Sorry that I do not have pictures of it.

Roger, before the beginning of the year, the 41 President will be road worthy again. The vehicle will not be restored but will be conserved and will run soon and be used on Keystone tours and meet events.

Thanks for the comments as this has been a labor of love and something I had been planning for over a year.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
          X