This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers found while hunting

I have a friend who although a certifiable MOPAR nut, is also an avid hunter. We met over a 67 R/T front clip I was selling over 3 years ago. We became good friends and even meet up on occaision to look at cars. He always poked fun at Teresa for being into "studees" as he called them, I always favored the Pontiacs(until 2 years ago when bitten by the Studebaker bug). We always look out for cars for the other as we dont collect the same brands.
    Now for the part you guys have been waiting for........
    He called me last week and said while out hunting he found 2 black and white Studebakers. He knew we'd be intrested and he thought both were Hawks, but he admitted he knew very little about them and could be wrong, he laughed and said I know they are not bullet noses. He asked if I wanted him to investigate further, to which I replied, Heck yea!
    Yesterday he called and siad he talked with the guy who owned them. And like so many Studebaker owners I have met he had several more. A total of 5 cars parked about 30 years ago. Some he even drove there. He said the guy would be willing to sell them and he is getting me pics, and Im actually hoping to be off work this weekend to drive there myself. Anyways, heres the list of cars:
    53 2 dr
    54 2 dr
    one of which is a hard top the other is a sedan
    55 President
    55 Speedster
    56 Power Hawk
    He said would you be into any of them, I said yep, trying to curb my enthusiasm. Particularly the last 2 and the early Htop. I asked him what kind of money the guy needed if I took all 5 as a package. And now am awaiting the answer.
    Depending on the condition of the cars what would be a reasonable amount if Im told to make an offer which will probably be the case??????? You guys have been into these cars alot longer than I have, and I respect your opinions. So what would the price range be from an obvious "rusted to pieces, gosh I hope it doesnt rip apart loading it on the rollback" parts car, to the "hmmmm, a little bit of rust repair, some brake work and a tuneup and we be drivin" project.
    Is there anything in particular I should look at on these cars?, any parts that if were missing would be expensive to replace?
    I always liked the looks of the Speedster. And maybe I can wheel and deal and end up with that R model Daytona of my dreams!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Thats tough to say without more imfo.
    Certainly the hardtop,Speedster,and Hawk,are worth quite a bit even as parts cars, if they are restorable, then you may really luck out.
    Send pics.

Comment

Thats tough to say without more imfo.
      Certainly the hardtop,Speedster,and Hawk,are worth quite a bit even as parts cars, if they are restorable, then you may really luck out.
      Send pics.

Comment

I might be interested in parts from the 54. I will wait to see what pic you can get and any other info. Good Luck! Where are these cars located? What state?
        Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
        City of York Fire Department
        York, SC 29745
        1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

I might be interested in parts from the 54. I will wait to see what pic you can get and any other info. Good Luck! Where are these cars located? What state?
          Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
          City of York Fire Department
          York, SC 29745
          1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

Working...
          X