What a day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day !

With some helpful advice from Studemaker (thank you, whoever you are!) and many hours of combined family and friend slave labor out in the garage (hey, pizza's cheap payment for Studebaker work!), we managed to complete the process of re-doing our gauge panel. As always, opinions are welcome, but we will remind you that we're pretty much stuck with what we've got at this point! If you're interested in more photos of the process, just let us know...we didn't want to overload the post with pictures. If someone's interested, though, we'd be more than happy to share.

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

It's beautiful!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I like that. It's got that traditional hot rod look. The gray paint, with the red pin stripes, can't beat it!

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Nice job!What did you use for the plate the gauges are in?I thought it was a factory setup but it looks like you started with a solid piece.Thanks,Steve
        sigpic

Comment

We used a glove box door!

John and Tracy Smith
          Queen Creek Arizona

Comment

SWEETNESS! And great idea on the use of the door...Now put a single pin stripe on it to match the door panel! Great use of Red in the accents.You have a great eye for detail!
            How about a picture of the overall cab? What doe's the seat look like?Red Leather with 2 inch pleats? Lets see!!

Comment

Niiiiiiice. [^]

Comment

As requested , here is a picture of the overall cab. The seat and the sunvisors have been covered in Faux Ostrich.

John and Tracy Smith
                Queen Creek Arizona

Comment

Hmmm, I don't know about that Ostrich interior...... Aren't you afraid it might try to bury its' head in the sand?

OK, ok, it's all beautiful. I admit it. If you hinge that instrument panel glove box door, you'll have a place to hide all of your Studebaker money.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Thanks for the new pic! FANTASTIC MAN FANTASTIC!!!!

Comment

Since using a glove box door was mentioned I thought I would post these. This is in my brother's 57 Transtar. The tiny dots under the speedometer are micro bulbs for the bright light and turn signal indicators.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Very nice! Thank you for sharing.

John and Tracy Smith
                        Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/studebakertruck/IMG_7458.jpg

Comment

Howdy Folks! Nice work! It turned out great! [8D] And also, your very welcome, glad to help! Reading your post about the pizza payment, reminded me of helping with a restoration on a '55 Packard Panama for a close friend of mine years ago, only my payment was in burgers!

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 Deluxe '59 4E3-112 Deluxe Scotsman '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
                          I own time machines.....

Comment

Working...
                          X