PDA

View Full Version : Enfield, Ct Zone Meet!

Laemmle
09-25-2008, 01:05 PM
For all those that just love the hobby and their R-1 Studes........something to relate to ..........just filled up the Avanti with Sunoco race gas.........110 leaded....gulp.....now at $9.99/gallon! Dropped two hundred big ones.....is this car love or what? Glad it's not a driver..........it would live in the garage for sure!

Hope to see you all in Enfield, Ct.

DEEPNHOCK
09-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Sigh...
Two tankfull's would buy you a set of lower compression pistons:(
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Laemmle

For all those that just love the hobby and their R-1 Studes........something to relate to ..........just filled up the Avanti with Sunoco race gas.........110 leaded....gulp.....now at $9.99/gallon! Dropped two hundred big ones.....is this car love or what? Glad it's not a driver..........it would live in the garage for sure!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/1937CEBearfootingArtwithLabelgif-1.jpg http://www.racingstudebakers.com/avatar_01.jpg http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Laemmle
09-25-2008, 01:20 PM
But what about the labor?........then might as well throw on a set of low compression heads, no?

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Sigh...
Jeff[8D]

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/deepnhock/1937CEBearfootingArtwithLabelgif-1.jpg http://www.racingstudebakers.com/avatar_01.jpg http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

studegary
09-25-2008, 01:36 PM
I am still hoping to go to the NE Zone Meet. I have been to most of the NE Zone Meets since 1968, even when we had two per year. The weather forecast is not being agreeable for the Meet. It looks like a major storm on Saturday.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

raoul5788
09-25-2008, 03:23 PM
It doesn't look too good weather wise for the show, but we are on, rain or shine! We might have to do drive through judging, not the best, but we may have no choice. Anyway, come on up, or down, everybody! Looking forward to seeing some new faces this weekend!

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver
'57 Packard wagon almost on the road!

Laemmle
09-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Received a call early this morning that due to the effects of two storms down south, the Enfield zone meet has been canceled and all monies for dinners will be refunded.

garyash
09-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Gee, I'm sitting here in the hotel room in Enfield, about to get ready to go down to "happy hour" and the meet banquet. I didn't hear anything about a cancellation. There were about 20-25 cars here, not a greatng turnout but OK. It's been a good day to chat about cars and parts. I had been looking forward to seeing the mysterious Laemmle!

Driving here last night was messy, but it's been mostly dry all day, just overcast and humid. The promised 2-3 inches of rain didn't happen, just a few sprinkles. Maybe we'll get more tonight.

For REAL Studebaker drivers, the threat of a little rain doesn't deter us.:D

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
Dartmouth, Mass.
'48 M5
'65 Wagonaire Commander
'63 Wagonaire Standard
web site at http://www.studegarage.com

r1lark
09-27-2008, 05:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Sigh...
Jeff[8D]

Or....put on a set of R2/truck large chamber heads to drop the compression ration down some.

Paul
Winston-Salem, NC
Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

raoul5788
09-28-2008, 10:24 AM

Received a call early this morning that due to the effects of two storms down south, the Enfield zone meet has been canceled and all monies for dinners will be refunded.

I am VERY bothered that this incorrect information was posted. Where did you get your information from?

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

Laemmle
09-28-2008, 12:51 PM
A message was left on my answering machine, wife said someone mentioned they were part of the meet committee.....did not leave a specific name.

Considering the state of the American financial collapse, one would think of more pressing concerns to be bothered by.

quote:Originally posted by raoul5788

I am VERY bothered that this incorrect information was posted. Where did you get your information from?

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

Laemmle
09-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Glad I did not venture out of Jersey to Enfield....with the rain..and I guess with a turnout of 20 sum cars others had the same feelings.

Gary, if you attend one of our meets here in Jersey I will indeed look forward to meeting you and your M series truck!

quote:Originally posted by garyash

Gee, I'm sitting here in the hotel room in Enfield, about to get ready to go down to "happy hour" and the meet banquet. I didn't hear anything about a cancellation. There were about 20-25 cars here, not a greatng turnout but OK. It's been a good day to chat about cars and parts. I had been looking forward to seeing the mysterious Laemmle!

Driving here last night was messy, but it's been mostly dry all day, just overcast and humid. The promised 2-3 inches of rain didn't happen, just a few sprinkles. Maybe we'll get more tonight.

For REAL Studebaker drivers, the threat of a little rain doesn't deter us.:D

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
Dartmouth, Mass.
'48 M5
'65 Wagonaire Commander
'63 Wagonaire Standard
web site at http://www.studegarage.com

raoul5788
09-28-2008, 02:28 PM

A message was left on my answering machine, wife said someone mentioned they were part of the meet committee.....did not leave a specific name.

Considering the state of the American financial collapse, one would think of more pressing concerns to be bothered by.

quote:

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

Really? We plan for a year for this event, the rains come, but the meet goes on as scheduled. You post wrong information that could have kept some people from coming, and you don't understand why I am upset? And the information wasn't even substantiated in any way, shape, or form! You don't even sound sorry about it! Thank you so much.

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

studegary
09-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Based on the information posted above, I received an e-mail from the President of a local chapter to all of his members stating that he read on the SDC Forum that the Zone Meet was canceled.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

dpson
09-28-2008, 05:14 PM
I was going to the zone meet, but when I heard here it was cancelled decided not to go. I tried to call several club members to confirm, but no one was answering their phone(they were probably at the meet). Anyway it sounds like some inaccurate information may have been given out. Too bad, it changed my plans.

Dan Peterson
Montpelier, VT
1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
1961 Lark Crusier
1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible

Laemmle
09-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I posted what was related on my answering machine. You sir need to get a life......I posted a message that was left that is all....it was up to others to check on their own.....Do not blame me...spend your 'precious' time looking into who made the phone call.

quote:

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

Really? We plan for a year for this event, the rains come, but the meet goes on as scheduled. You post wrong information that could have kept some people from coming, and you don't understand why I am upset? And the information wasn't even substantiated in any way, shape, or form! You don't even sound sorry about it! Thank you so much.

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

raoul5788
09-28-2008, 06:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by studegary

Based on the information posted above, I received an e-mail from the President of a local chapter to all of his members stating that he read on the SDC Forum that the Zone Meet was canceled.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Gary
I'm sorry if this kept you from coming to our meet. Richard Dormois was in attendance. I was able to spend some time with him over the weekend. It was fun getting to know him a little. Also, Malcom Stinson was there from Arizona. He gave a talk at the banquet about the International next year.

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

Guido
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM

I posted what was related on my answering machine. It is my experience that when a message is left on an answering the caller usually provides their name and number. Seems it would not tax you too terribly to supply that.....

http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/63/663/9/36/86/2567936860097493054TXiheL_th.jpgGuido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

raoul5788
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM

I posted what was related on my answering machine. You sir need to get a life......I posted a message that was left that is all....it was up to others to check on their own.....Do not blame me...spend your 'precious' time looking into who made the phone call.

quote:

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

You posted wrong information. That was your fault for not making sure it was correct. Now you are trying to make it seem like it is no big deal. Then you have the nerve to tell me I need to get a life! WOW! I think you know good and well who made the call and don't want to say. That's okay, it doesn't really matter. You were the one who made the post, not them. And you posted that there would be refunds for the banquet! I'm sorry to say that we can't do that. The hotel already has that money. You could at least be a man and apologize for your mistake.

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

raoul5788
09-28-2008, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:It is my experience that when a message is left on an answering the caller usually provides their name and number. Seems it would not tax you too terribly to supply that.....
At this point, does it really matter? Chip says it doesn't,

quote:That's okay, it doesn't really matter.
I agree with Chip... it doesn't really matter.

I say let it die, the problem can (and should) be worked out elsewhere.

If it matters to you, now that it's too late to do anything about it, or you simply think this childish P'ing contest must continue, please take it to email, snail mail, telephone, telegraph, tellawoman, smoke signals, the parking lot... anywhere... other than here.

Thanks... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate that.

http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/signature.jpg
DAVE, THE EVIL TWIN FROM OKLAHOMA

You are correct Dave. It's just that I was brought up to be accountable for my actions, and I expect others to do the same.

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

raoul5788
09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Studedude

I understand, but now, there must be a response to your response. [B)]

Maybe, then, it will die? [xx(]

http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/signature.jpg
DAVE, THE EVIL TWIN FROM OKLAHOMA

On my part, yes.

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

Laemmle
09-30-2008, 10:56 PM
You continue to proffer assumptions and at this point in your life you should know what happens to individuals who assume anything.

I will not dignify your closing "statement" with a response.

quote:

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

You posted wrong information. That was your fault for not making sure it was correct. Now you are trying to make it seem like it is no big deal. Then you have the nerve to tell me I need to get a life! WOW! I think you know good and well who made the call and don't want to say. That's okay, it doesn't really matter. You were the one who made the post, not them. And you posted that there would be refunds for the banquet! I'm sorry to say that we can't do that. The hotel already has that money. You could at least be a man and apologize for your mistake.

Chip
'63 Cruiser daily driver

BShaw
10-01-2008, 05:43 PM
This is very unfortunate and I feel for the Zone Meet Committee and any who wanted to attend but chose not to based on what has turned out to be erroneous information. That said, I wish to caution...

POSTERS: Do not post information such as has happened here unless you know the source and/or you know it as a credible source. Please remember this from the "Forum Rules" page: "Authors of forum postings are solely responsible for the accuracy and appropriateness of the content of their own posts."

READERS: Be aware that erroneous information does get posted in this forum from time to time. Most of the time such errors are benign...but sometimes, as has happened here, the result can be more serious. It is each reader's responsibility to independently verify information before acting upon it....especially if it comes from a source you do not know.

If both posters and readers to their part, future situations like this will be avoided.

BShaw,Webmaster
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/StudeWebService-small.gif
webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
Woodbury, Minnesota

Laemmle
10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Plus 1

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

This is very unfortunate and I feel for the Zone Meet Committee and any who wanted to attend but chose not to based on what has turned out to be erroneous information. That said, I wish to caution...

POSTERS: Do not post information such as has happened here unless you know the source and/or you know it as a credible source. Please remember this from the "Forum Rules" page: "Authors of forum postings are solely responsible for the accuracy and appropriateness of the content of their own posts."

READERS: Be aware that erroneous information does get posted in this forum from time to time. Most of the time such errors are benign...but sometimes, as has happened here, the result can be more serious. It is each reader's responsibility to independently verify information before acting upon it....especially if it comes from a source you do not know.

If both posters and readers to their part, future situations like this will be avoided.

BShaw,Webmaster
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/StudeWebService-small.gif
webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
Woodbury, Minnesota