PDA

View Full Version : Register Now! Florida State Meet! Oct. 24 & 25

Rick Courtier
09-25-2008, 12:40 PM
The Studebaker Drivers Club Florida State Meet being Held Oct 24 & 25, 2008 hosted by the Central Florida Chapter at the Holiday Inn Express in Clearwater, Florida. More information can be see at the following website. . . www.cfcsdc.com or for a direct link to the webpage use this link:
http://www.cfcsdc.com/The%20Villages.htm Information about the meet Hotel, directions, registration, order form for meet shirt (Only 144 shirt are being printed so get you order in early). Limited number of room so reserve your room early. More information to come so check back often to the website. Also Note in Turning Wheels the city was left off as to where to sent the Registration forms. . .it is Trinity Florida.

Also if anyone interested in becoming a sponsor please check out our sponsor letter.

Hope to see you there!
--
Rick Courtier
Webmaster/Tourmaster
Central Florida Chapter

1956 Sky Hawk
1956 Transtar 2E 12
1905 Farm Wagon

Membership:
SDC

studegary
09-25-2008, 01:32 PM
I have attended several Florida State Meets and enjoyed them all. We had hoped to attend this year's meet, but our schedule is really packed around that time. There are many of you with less than our 2500 mile round trip to the Meet that should consider going to it.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

51 Business C
09-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi.

I will to be there. I am on hollyday in fort myers from 11 until 25 okt.
But sadly i can`t bring my car, it will be back in Denmark.

looking foreward to see your cars.

Jan Hein
Denmark

Rick Courtier
09-25-2008, 02:19 PM
GREAT!!!! See you then!

Rick Courtier

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
1956 Transtar
1905 Farm Wagon

Rick Courtier
10-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Update: We are going to have Valve Cover Races and the Judging for the meet is People's Choice with more classes then normally at the International Meet. Also we will be judging Pocket Watches and of course Studebaker Toys so bring your favorite Studebaker toy and your car and of course your Studebaker pocket watch with you to the Florida State Meet, October 24 & 25. And if that wasn't enough the World Famous Rehydration Station will be open for you sipping and BS session. But wait there's more. . . a ticket raffle and door prizes. And this year a special award will be introduced and continue in each of the Florida State Meets. The Dr. Cade award will be given by our chapter to a Studebaker owner that our chapter chooses. So come, one come all and enjoy your fellow Studebaker nuts company this year at the Florida State Meet!

More info at the [u]www.cfcsdc.com</u>

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
1956 Transtar
1905 Farm Wagon

bams50
10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
I surely would love to go. Clearwater is one of my favorite places. I had a place there that I sold couple years back.

We're going to Disney Thanksgiving week; wish it was the same time! Oh well, our schedule's pretty tight in FL this year anyway...

Have a good time; maybe next year I can make it[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Rick Courtier
10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
The hell with Disney World. . . at Thanksgiving! Go to the Daytona Turkey Run instead. The event is at the Daytona Speedway and last from Thanksgiving though that Sunday. And We (Studerbaker Drivers Club) has their own club parking section. And we are serving Turkey!
Less then 45 minutes from Orlando too!

Need more infomation just contact me.

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
1956 Transtar
1905 Farm Wagon

bams50
10-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Nah, we can't miss our visit with the Mouse- big WDW fans here[^] And, we've got it down to a science- we go the week leading up to Thanksgiving (value season prices), leaving the Sat. after. This way we get to have the holiday there and see the Christmas decorations in full bloom starting the day after Thanksgiving, and escape before the real madness (and the highest price season) starts. Can't miss it!

HOWEVER- We leave WDW Sat. morning and come right by Daytona, so I just told the better half we'll be making a couple hours' stop at the Turkey Run[8D] Do you have any info on the goings-on there on Saturday morning? We'll likely come through around 9 AM, and we'll only have a couple hours to stay...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

StudeMichael
10-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I am registered and staying at the hotel the 24th and 25th. My friend Jim and I are going to caravan over from Sebastian. He is driving his 64 Wagon and I am driving the 58 Golden Hawk. Hopefully Don G. can join us in the caravan with his pretty 62 convertible.

1957 Packard Clipper
1958 Golden Hawk
1963 Daytona Convertible
1963 R2 Daytona
1963 R2 GT Hawk
1963 R1 Wagonaire
1963 R4 Avanti
1964 Champ
1966 Cruiser

Rick Courtier
10-02-2008, 07:58 AM
as far as Daytona here is the person now in charge Studebaker stuff along with Emily Skelly. . . or Edith Fifer.

FLORIDA, Daytona Beach, Thanksgiving Weekend, The Studebaker Ladies invite all Studebaker drivers who attend the Turkey Run at Daytona Speedway to visit them at Section 900 for food and friends. Stop by once or come back every day Thursday through Sunday. Info: Edith Fifer, studelady@comcast.net

Only two hours that just enough time to take in all the Studebaker and your miss all the swap meet, all the other cars, the food the fun and of course the beer and BS sessions. &lt;G&gt; ;)

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
1956 Transtar
1905 Farm Wagon

dong
10-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I just registered at the hotel for the 24 and 25th. Is there a special Studebaker rate? Michael, I will join the caravan, hopefully with the Daytona. I did not get it finished in time for Lancaster so had to take the Hawk.

Don

StudeMichael
10-02-2008, 08:45 PM
There is a special Studebaker rate. It says on the registration form who to call at the hotel Don.

1957 Packard Clipper
1958 Golden Hawk
1963 Daytona Convertible
1963 R2 Daytona
1963 R2 GT Hawk
1963 R1 Wagonaire
1963 R4 Avanti
1964 Champ
1966 Cruiser

Rick Courtier
10-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Nice thing about People Choice is you never know who will win the Best Of Show! Case in point. . . the last time the meet was held in Clearwater by the Central Florida Chapter it was a people's choice and a person from Iowa was flown in to Florida to put the fix on. . . this person went around the meet bribbing people with beer to pick a ugly yellow thing for the best of show award. My guess is that the Iowian felt sorry for the man in the poorly painted yellow truck. So the fix was in, but since then the Man from Iowa has been band from the Florida State Meet according to rumors and what about the man with the ugly poorly painted yellow truck. . . well it been repainted by a professional paint shop but it's still that ugly yellow:D

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/microbrewery/IMG01916.jpg

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
1956 Transtar
1905 Farm Wagon

DEEPNHOCK
10-03-2008, 11:49 AM
So...
What you are saying is that there isn't a chance in heck that would work again?;)[:0]
Hmmmmm...(Did the price go up?;))
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Rick Courtier

Nice thing about People Choice is you never know who will win the Best Of Show! Case in point. . . the last time the meet was held in Clearwater by the Central Florida Chapter it was a people's choice and a person from Iowa was flown in to Florida to put the fix on. . .
&lt;snip&gt;

Rick Courtier
10-03-2008, 12:02 PM
quote:So...
What you are saying is that there isn't a chance in heck that would work again?
Hmmmmm...(Did the price go up?)

Price? Beer or Airline Flight? Heck what I'm I thinking. . .BOTH!

Don't Forget the Rehydration Station when you come down.

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
1956 Transtar
1905 Farm Wagon

Rick Courtier
10-03-2008, 12:44 PM
The website hs been updated for the Florida State. Here is what been updated:

Sponsors pages (please look at these pages to support our sponsors)
Judging Classes page
Order form for the Shirt page
Registration form page
Trophy Sponsor Page

Website address is [u]www.cfcsdc.com</u>
Then click onto the link to Florida Sate Meet

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
1956 Transtar
1905 Farm Wagon