Good deal on an r2 Avanti!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal on an r2 Avanti!

I really like this one for the price- currently at $4250, and the reserve's off!

I'm not a big Avanti guy, and even I'd like to bid on this one! I bet it at least doubles before it's done[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Man Bams Its a 4spd too.

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Bams, repeat after me "There is nothing more expensive then......"

I do like the hole in the inner fender for the AC compressor. If it stays under 6K, it might be a beater Avanti driver if the troughs and frame are OK.

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Best thing about that fender hole John is that it's dual purpose -it keeps both the driver AND the engine cooler!!! O_O

I like the car too, but I'm a sucker for silver....

Comment

I hear ya, JP It has some questions that need answers, like what the hog troughs look like... but being a FL car there's a good chance they're good... then, it might be a good price for an r2 car!

I do admit to really liking the color combo.....

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Having much experience with these cars always have some one look at it before bidding. Bob if you are truly interested I know a very knowledgeable Avanti guy very close by to the car who will look at it for you. Also there is a way to put air on an R-2 by modifying the PS setup but not the way this one was done.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

If you had to chance a cheap Avanti (if it stays cheap) this one might not be too bad. I think this car might have a tilt wheel, last one I saw on ebay went for 2K if I remember correctly. Original carb is there seats don't look bad, from here. The A/C is creative but others have done cleaner compressor installations and this car has the evaporator and vent assembly there already. Or take off the A/C and pay for a new rear bumper with the ebay proceeds.

If my car had a four speed I would be driving it instead of repairing it.

Best of all it has the R2 Clock?!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Bob if you are truly interested I know a very knowledgeable Avanti guy very close by to the car who will look at it for you.
                Not in the market presently, just giving a heads-up. I think it's on the money for that!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Again, not a bad deal unless you decide to restore it. Figure at least 20K more to make it a 20K car. (If the are no frame, hog trough or mechanical issues)

JDP/Maryland
                  "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                  Thomas Jefferson
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

Yeah, but what about all the fun you would have restoring it I'm still having more fun than I can handle

ErnieR

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Again, not a bad deal unless you decide to restore it. Figure at least 20K more to make it a 20K car. (If the are no frame, hog trough or mechanical issues)

JDP/Maryland
                    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Two big pluses, you can be a member of the "hole in the fender gang", and it has one of those black whirly thingys.

Mark Anderson
                      Member SDC and FMCA
                      Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

It has some questions that need answers, like what the hog troughs look like... but being a FL car there's a good chance they're good...
                        There's also a good chance that they're rusted away completely. Florida cars can be pretty rough if they spent any time near the coast.

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                        X