Driving 51 to show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving 51 to show

We drove our 51 Commander 2140 miles to the show and back pulling a 68 Apache tent camper and got 17.7 mpg overall. We had a real good time except there could have been some porta potties would have been nice but I was told the host hotel would not allow it. We went on the poker run , unfortunately my friends 55 pickup broke the clutch rod so we some time putting in a new one. But we got it on the road so alls well that ends well. We drove the 51 into Philadelfia and We could not believe the reception we received. I drove down to find a street that was named after one of my ancestors . The people there went nuts over the 51 and it is nothing fancy at all. They were taking pictures and yelling at us coming out in the street. We felt like cellebrates They sure loved the Stude.

Glad you had a great time and the Keystone Chapter enjoyed hosting you and providing you with a good time,
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Indeed, we thank you for attending this year's International Meet, and being a part of the success. We "Wilkum" you back to Pennsylvania with us anytime!

Denny Foust

Comment

In fact we are talking about coming back next summer for our 50th anniversary .

Comment

Working...
        X